[LPF] Daggers at Midnight II

Shayuri

First Post
"What do I need..." Maia muses. "Maybe a weapon like this..." she taps her crossbow, "...only made so it can hurt Casatta. I don't know about armor, Garnet. It's hard enough to walk just with me!" She smiles at that, and those new to the group do notice that she seems a little stooped, and her gait awkward and a bit slow, as if she were carrying unusual weight.

"Then if I have any metal left, I can look at other things...perhaps some kind of magical protection," she concludes.

(OOC - Basically interested in a Light Crossbow +1, and a Cloak of Resistance +1...magical armor wouldn't stack with my Revelation armor power, so I'm less inclined to indulge. :))

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Veniarus finds what he was looking for and makes those purchases while selling those items that he no longer needs. Placing 2 of the new items in the possession of his Eidolon.

OOC: managed to find a +1 Light Crossbow that was in stock, sold my old Masterwork Crossbow, and purchased 2 Tanglefoot Bags which I proceeded to place on my Eidolon. Also went ahead and restocked on my Crossbow Bolts which I utilized my Apartment to restock on.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Garnet has found that arguing with the strange young woman always gives her a headache, and that Maia is usually right. The latter fact seems inexplicable within the stolid traditions of Dwarven philosophy, but Dwarves are a practical people and know when to accept the inevitable. She nods politely to the others and steps over to a nearby stall, bartering gruffly over the price of a tanglefoot bag.

OOC: Shay, if you don't mind me kibitzing, the xbow and cloak aren't that expensive, and I think you've got a fair bit more gold. Maybe invest in some scrolls or a wand? Or a Headband of Alluring Charisma (4000 gp) to boost the power of your spells? Maybe upgrade the Cloak of protection to +2? Remember that saving up for something big doesn't really apply in this game -- You always get full cash value from resale, so your net worth is fixed. Just a thought.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Unless I'm missing something, I have between 4000-5000 gp, total. Cha booster is nice, but a non-spell alternative for attack and defense still seems wise to me...I'll double check to see how much cash I've got though. Edit - Daggers 1 netted her 4705gp and some change...as I recall she didn't have much from before that; just a wand of healing...)

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Ariel watches the shopping activity and notices a red-haired man that appears to know some of her new companions, "Do any of you know that man?"

She suggests to Maia, "Elder sister, you might want to consider a ring that will increase your defenses if you don't want to wear bulky armor. There are amulets too. You can even wear both of them at the same time."

"What about a pearl of power? I got one of those, it allows me to cast any of my lower level spells each day without needing to ask Helina's blessing ahead of time."

[sblock=OOC][MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION]; Enter Heinrich into the IC thread. Do us proud with your RPing skills. ;)

[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]; I think you have more money than that. Your finances are a shambles on your sheet. ;) You have Treasure from Sword and the Fallen Angel unspent too. Plus you joined from another adventure and I am not sure how much money you had from that one.

Edit: The initial CLW wand was not actually Maia's but a loan of the money to purchase it. She was paid that loan back. We are going to have to straighten that all out. Better to do it now, before leveling up again. ;)[/Sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch) +3 AC Barkskin
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Hold Person, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Maia inspects the protective trinkets, then gives Ariel a curious look.

"Why do you keep calling me your older sister? No one else does that, so it can't be a figure of speech...and I am quite sure we have no family in common, and that you are almost certainly older than me in any case."

Her eyes widen as she spies a circlet made of entwined silver filigree, enwrapping several pretty (if not impressively large) gemstones.

"This is nice too...it's hard to make up my mind. The ring and amulet are good, but I feel like this would make my magic stronger..."

(OOC - Hehe, revision due to silliness on my part. Thanks to the PMer Who Shall Remain Nameless, and to PerrinMiller's OOCs. Magic crossbow, cloak of resistance +1, and either a Headband of Alluring Charisma +2, or a Ring of Prot +1 and Amulet of Natural Armor +1...open to kibbutzing. ;) So I need to go to the magic store thread to get these, yes?)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Sorry - busy weekend and no posting. I'm trying to get caught up, but I've run out of time this morning as well. Still pondering Pari's purchases. I'll try to get them taking care of this evening.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Ariel looks up at the taller and older Aasimar girl with an arched eyebrow, "Eh? It is a measure of respect."

The warmaiden doesn't dwell on the issue though, still not completely sure Maia is all together in the head. However, she nods in approval at the oracle's choices for magical gear.

[sblock=OOC][MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION]; No worries, whenever you are ready.

@Shayuri ; Took it for granted that an aasimar will recognize another of her race. Maia is 2 years older too.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch) +3 AC Barkskin
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Hold Person, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Okay then I guess we each need at least an enchanted weapon and a tanglefoot bag in order to deal with this issue." Veniarus says glancing over at Kalius.

Almost as if waking from a trancce, Heinrich says, "Ja, tangle foot ist goot."

OOC: Swapping Lessor Restoration for another Hold Person, unless someone thinks she keep that in reserve. Or I could have her take two Sound Bursts.

OOC: I think Hold Person is ideal. What does everyone else think?

OOC: I give my nod to the hold person. It takes 3 days real time to have an enchantment placed on an item, right?.

Heinrich joins the others in parusing the shop .....

Remove ads