[LPF] Daggers at Midnight II

mfloyd3

Explorer
Garnet starts in uncharacteristic alarm at Maia's embrace. Then she nods to her and sits back in her seat.

OOC: Fine with me if we want to hold off a bit to allow for some equipment updates.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: No problem with me if we take a shopping break. I've been trying to figure out what Pari wants to buy, but can't come up with anything right off hand. My 'Oldtimer's Disease' must be kicking in. I know I should spend his cash on something . . .

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Ariel graciously accepts Veniarus's apology, letting the matter drop, self-conscious that she sometimes lacks a more adult sense of humor and prefers not to be reminded of her sheltered upbringing.

"Indeed. The martial instructors have always drilled into our heads, proper preparation prevents piss poor performance. Those grizzled men can be crude, however they do have wisdom."

GM: You have plenty of time for off camera shopping and item commissioning. I can wait. :) The better prepared, the less punches I have to pull.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch) +3 AC Barkskin
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Hold Person, Lessor Restoration, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

DalkonCledwin

First Post
With that Veniarus excuses himself to head to the Mystic Pearl in order to obtain some items that will be of use, summoning Kalius along the way.

OOC: Should we make our purchases in this thread or in the Mystic Pearl Thread?

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Ariel notices the summoner ready to depart.

"Do you wish to go together or discuss what items we should have?"

GM: Purchases recorded there, but if you all wanted to role-play shopping together, that would good to do here. To me, role-playing is role-playing no matter what you are doing.

Just post the dice rolls and OOC info over in the other thread. If desired, you can change your mind and have Veniarus wait for the others.

3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Ariel Esimae

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Veniarus hears Ariel's comment as he begins to depart and nods to her waiting for the others to gather themselves so that the group of them can go shopping together.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"I think it a good idea to go together; as much as I've adventured recently, I've little experience when it comes to pitting my skills against mage-craft. Ideas and suggestions would be welcome.

"I picked up a fine bow already, as in our last encounter I found myself unable to strike an effective blow against the bitch . . . she was flitting about well over the heads of even the big folk in the group. My other weapons are of excellent craftsmanship, but have no enchantments cast upon them."

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Then perhaps it would prove prudent for each of us to obtain a ranged weapon. Though my Eidolon..." Veniarus indicates the centuar-like leonine creature he had just summoned, "will be unable to utilize any ranged weaponry, though that is of little concern as I can alternatively summon a bird or other aerial creature to help us." he considers momentarily and then says "It may prove wise to find a way of restraining the mage's spellcasting ability, either a spell that can silence the mage, or some other means of preventing her from casting the majority of her offensive spells."

mfloyd3

Explorer
Garnet gestures to the longspear across her back. "One of you could try your luck with this," she suggests. "I'm going to follow Master Ausk's example, and extend my own arms," she adds by way of explanation to Pari and Maia.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Ariel considers her own inventory and remarks, "Personally, I prefer ranged attacks. I have a few fire bolts at my disposal and a couple fiery spells too."

"I can prepare a few different spells as well. Searing light works well at range, same with Sound Burst. I should keep Hold Person too, I suppose."

She shakes her head at the use of the longspear, "I have an enchanted one already. I also have some other things to help against various creatures; holy water, liquid ice, acid, and a thunderstone."

"Doesn't this fiend fly, right? How many tanglefoot bags do you all have. That would certainly fix her mobility problem in a hurry."

"What do we know about this place she is hiding out?"

GM: Since Ariel is NPC'd, feel free to offer suggestions on her spell load-out if you want.

Ariel Esimae

Remove ads