[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Continuing his conversation with Pyior...

Khajom growls. Individual! If I could, I'd set him loose with some rhodin. We'd see how far he'd get. Too much time with a nose in a book. "You cannot trust rhodin. They might surrender only to gain an advantage, hit you from your blind spot. If we ever meet a rhodin that seems trustworthy—and no one ever has, not for as long as the elders can remember—and he doesn't move to attack, we can deal with that then. I don't generally make contingency plans for finding castles in the sky."

garyh

First Post
"I am Pirythanis the Steadfast," the Sibeccai offers by way of introduction. "My sword is swift and my shield stout."

ShadowX

First Post
Dayan Sonor

"My name is Dayan" he says coldly. He then quickly brings forth a transparent blade and gives it a deft swing before it disappears just as suddenly.

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Continuing his conversation with Khajom...
Pyior sighs. "If we do happen to come in contact with rhodin, all I ask is that you keep an open mind, and give them a chance to surrender before escalating the encounter into physical conflict."

Old Fezziwig

Responding to Pyior...

The litorian explodes. "Damn it all. They eat their dead." Shaking his head, he recovers himself. "Fine. In the event we should see any of the foul goat-men about, I swear to maintain an open mind." Although deadly serious, Khajom smirks as he says this in a low, sing-songy voice.

Mirth

Explorer
"That is noble, young litorian, and much more than I would expect from you, given your people's past and theirs. Well done," the giant says from the back of the group. "As for me, I am called Ys-Baddaden, companion of Pyrithanis and friend to all."

Rybaer

First Post
Bean nods at each of you in turn as you introduce yourselves. When Danyan conjures his mind sword, Bean holds her own hand out. The very air swirls into a tangible but nearly transparent sword. It is obvious that she is a wind witch.

"Nice blade," she says to Danyan. "I've got one as well." With a flick of the wrist the blade vanishes in a wisp of vapor.

"Well," she continues, "it's a pleasure to make your acquaintances. I'm the proprietor of the Liars' Club and was once a bit of an adventurer myself. We cater to adventurers and keep a collection of trophies and memorabilia on this wall over here...to honor those who have died heroically. Hopefully you won't meet such an end, or at least not any time soon."

A barmaid arrives with tankards of ale and hands them around. While decent, it is no better than the standard fare served at the Laughing Lamia down the street.

"Unfortunately, I know little of what Irana Truthspeaker wants of you, aside from it being some sort of recovery mission," Bean says. "Sorry I can't give you more details. You'll have to see her in person and negotiate the specifics and the reward.

"I can, however, give you just a little background on the situation. Truthspeaker is a Magister of some renown. She's had a reputation in this region for digging up obscure bits of lore. A couple months ago, she convinced a military commander that capturing the Ebonring Keep would be in his best interest. The rhodin have held it for over a hundred years without posing a major threat to us, so I suspect that her motivations were more than just of the military/strategic type.

"They captured the Keep only a couple weeks ago. Word just arrived this morning about the request for help. Irana specifically requested teams of adventurers. The messenger only said that the forces at the Keep were spread too thin to both hold the site and conduct the search of the region for this stolen item. I understand that the call for adventurers has already been sent to Gahanis and maybe Ataran as well."

She pauses and looks you over carefully, as if trying to assess your worth. "You know, adventurers historically have better success when working in small companies. Individuals and even pairs rarely survive for long. I don't want to be telling you what to do, but I would suggest that the six of you seriously consider banding up if you're interested in pursuing this opportunity. Truthspeaker likely won't even consider you as candidates otherwise, unless you bring some truly powerful ability or skill to the table."

Bean holds up a mug of ale. "A toast," she says. "Here's hoping that you live a tale worthy of gaining you entrance to the Liars' Club in the future!"

The wind witch drains her mug. "I'll try to answer any last questions you may have. After that, however, further pursuit of this opportunity is in your own hands. Irana has been known to pay well in the past, so take that for what it's worth."

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
In response to Bean's offer to answer questions...
"Ahem. I have a question. Where do you stand on the four- versus six-chambered rhodin heart controversy?"

Old Fezziwig

Khajom drinks his ale quietly. He smirks slightly at Pyior's question, but refrains from entering the conversation. A pair of humans, a giant, and a sibeccai. Add myself and the loresong and we have no chance at being stealthy or subtle. On the other hand, we should be more than a fair match in a fight for just about anything. Especially rhodin. Well, whatever happens, we shouldn't die quickly. He downs the remaining ale and closes his eyes, meditating on this.

Remove ads