[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep

Rybaer

First Post
The boy looks a little flustered, but tries to answer your questions.

"I can't take you to Truthseeker. She's in the Keep and that's at least several days walk from here.

"As for the drinks, I think Bean just offered them as a bit of a kind gesture to those who take up the offer. I suspect there'll be a reward of some kind...don't adventurers always get one? Anyway, Bean is the one here in town who got the request for help from Truthseeker...so she might be able to tell you more."

Mirth

Explorer
Rybaer said:
The boy blinks and looks a bit taken aback by the crowd his shouting has attracted. Pulling himself up to his full height, he begins to answer your questions.

"Well, I don't know much for details. Iriana Truthspeaker sends word from Ebonring Keep. She has need of fine, brave adventurers to retrieve something stolen by the rhodin scum. Bean Silvertongue is offering a free round of drinks at the Liars' Club to any who volunteer."

He pauses and looks at each of you expectantly.

"Well, I suppose a drink would be welcome, no matter what the circumstances, eh Pyrithanis?" the giant asks. "Perhaps if the circumstances are warranted we can help in returning this item to its rightful owner." Turning back to the boy, he says, "Thank you for your time and effort, son."

"I am feeling quite parched," Ys-Baddaden says and glances at his sibeccai friend once again, "Shall we depart for the tavern? After you."

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
The litorian blushes at his mistake. The elders always said I needed to pay attention more carefully. "Well, let's talk to this Bean Silvertongue, then." No point in acting tough now.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Danwyn replies "agreed friends, a glass of wine would hit the palate about now just fine. Always glad to help a lady in need." Then he gives a boy a silver as a tip, "see boy adventurers are good for something other than being intimidating" he says with a laugh.

Last edited:

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Lost deep in thought, Pyior ignores Khajom's question. He removes Fekart's Fabulous Beastiary from his backpack and leafs through it hurridly. After a moment he peers up at Khajom.

"Oh I'm sorry, were you talking to me, Khajom? I knew there something about the rhodin. The book served as a catalyst for my recollection. You see, there was a controversy a couple of years cycles ago regarding their hearts. Kaimi Sunleaf, who at the time had not achieved the lofty status and accolades she would later acquire in the field of exotic zoology challenged the long held view that the hearts of rhodin were four-chambered. She claimed they were six-chambered. Controversy raged for years, and in a bizzare twist both sides were eventually able to produce specimens that supported their view.

There has been quite a bit of speculation on the rhodin with six-chambered hearts. Some claim based on comparisons of cranial diameter that the six-chambered-heart rhodin are actually the ancesters of the four-chambered-heart rhodin. Precursors or forebears if you have it. Others argue that the six-chambered hearts are a result of mutation caused by exposure to some unknown magical source, or even the result of ceremonial magic.

Khajom? Are you following me? It's really quite facinating isn't it? Have you ever encountered a rhodin? Did you examine its heart by any chance?

In any case, friend, while the rhodin are not specifically part of my field of study, I would not be adverse to seeking out and hopefully capturing some of these creatures. Perchance I could question them to see if they knew anything."

ShadowX

First Post
Dayan Sonor

Dayan follows behind the others to the tavern, staying far enough away to not be associated with the others. All the while he keenly observes the others conversations and actions.

Rybaer

First Post
The boy bows to Danwyn in thanks for the coin and races off through town, continuing to shout for worthy adventurers.

The six of you, individually or in pairs, make your way a couple blocks down the street. The Liars' Club is a large building, second only to Mith & Mith Mercantile. At least a dozen people crowd near the entrance, though they have the look of local rabble rather than seasoned adventurers.

As you approach the entrance, you hear a high pitched voice crying out from within the crowd, "Scoot, begone with all of ye! I'm not handing out free drinks to just anyone. Only those who intend to actually go to the Keep need bother stickin' around."

There are grumbles among the crowd and you hear a few mumble, "Sorry, Bean." As the crowd parts, only a female loresong faen is left standing before the door. Her hair is jet black and wild, as if she had just been standing in a windstorm. Her cheeks have a reddish windburn to match. When she sees the six of you, she boldly steps forward, looking each of you up and down.

"At least you strangers look like you might be of adventuring material," the faen says and gives you a wink. "I'm Bean Silvertongue. Welcome to the Liars' Club. If you're willing to help the folks at Ebonring Keep, then follow me in for a drink and I'll share what I know." She turns and holds open the door to the Club while you enter.

The interior of the building is dark, but it has a cheerful feel to it. The ceiling is over twenty feet high and the main floor consists of just a single room. Wood pillars support a balcony that runs around the circumference of the room. One wall is adorned with paintings, weapons, stuffed animal and monster heads, and other trophies. Numerous tables fill the room, though most are empty in the mid-afternoon. The few customers, adventurers by the look of them, see you enter the building and call out, "Tell us a story!"

"Not now," Bean calls back to them. "These folk are taking up the offer from Ebonring. They won't have to tell any tales...not this time, anyway."

Bean ushers you to a large table and calls for the staff to fetch tankards of the house's finest ale. As you're settling down, Bean casually stands on one of the chairs. "So, are you all together? Why don't you introduce yourselves?"

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
In response to Pyior...

Khajom blinks. "We are not capturing rhodin. We are not questioning them either. I might be able to arrange for you to see a heart from one."

In response to Bean...

Khajom cracks his neck. "I'm Khajom." He looks over the others and shrugs. None of them look particularly foolish. I could live with this for a while. Well, as long as Pyior can. Speaking of foolish...if he tries to talk to a rhodin, he'll be lucky if he isn't eaten. I'll have to watch him closely.

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
In response to Khajom...

"Well, I, er... Are you saying you would strike them down without trying to parley or giving them a chance to surrender? I know their reputation as a race is not good but I can't condone cold-blooded killing. Remember each of them is an individual, don't let their race, a simple coincidence of birth, blind you to that, my friend." Racial prejudice, how suprising! Why can't he keep an open mind?

In response to Bean...

"Greetings. I am Pyior Silverleaf, student of magic and exotic zoology."

Last edited:

Remove ads