• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Taming the Taman-Busuk game thread: Outpost 1

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
[SBLOCK=In private]
Velmont said:
Can I do one of my super explosive chicken for the commander?"

The commander may not be very favorable to chicken. On the other hand, you may enquire Luke and see if he knows a dish that may be more to the commander's liking. In fact anything you can learn from Luke about the knights around here will be very useful. That is all Yeblin, dismissed.

Adressing the dwarf again, Deregan speaks, My assignment for you, you may find a bit unusual, but I believe it is of great importance. Let us sit. You sit and he continues. During the war, thousands upon thousands of both our people gave their lives, and the peace those lives bought hangs upon the edge of a knife. Our actions within the next few days may have repercussions for years, or perhaps decades to come. They may prevent another war, or start one. I want you to keep a record of our doings here, both in common and your own tongue. Don't mention our mission of course, that would be compromising, but anything else is fair game. You see, for whatever unfolds because of our actions, I want history to remember who we are and what we did to bring it about. Your unique perspective on things, I think, makes you best suited for this task.

[/SBLOCK]

The equipment issue is on the northwestern portion of the outpost, making it a good hike for Myst. The post is manned by a knight who looks old enough to have been in Huma's original company, but as you watch him practice with a wood sword, he has grace and footwork of one far, far younger. He halts as you enter and salutes with the blade.

Welcoming to the recruiting office and equipment issue, m'lady. Here for uniforms? Or mayhap you think you have what it takes to apply for the full knighthood?

Lot

First Post
Eva of Sirrion said:
And Kell, I want you to help me review Tanner and Ulricsohn's disciplinary records. Anything that doesn't wash, make a note of it, and we'll trade notes in the morning.

Kell looks at his commanding officer with a bit of confusion.

"You mean, read documents and the like? Me?"

Kell, upon hearing the tone in his own voice, stands up straight and nods.

""I mean, of course. I'll look over those records right away, sir. Um..where are the kept? And what should I be looking for? And am I allowed to look at those?"

Velmont

First Post
Yeblin nods at Deregan and leaves. He feels hunger in his belly, and think it will be soon the supper. Most likely, Luke will need help, so he head toard the tavern and enter the place. "Hi Luke, I've come to help for the supper, I hope you've waited for me, I would be interested to know how you prepare you plates." tells Yeblin with his merry voice, just as he just left a party and not the Commander.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Myst

Eva of Sirrion said:
The equipment issue is on the northwestern portion of the outpost, making it a good hike for Myst. The post is manned by a knight who looks old enough to have been in Huma's original company, but as you watch him practice with a wood sword, he has grace and footwork of one far, far younger. He halts as you enter and salutes with the blade.

Welcoming to the recruiting office and equipment issue, m'lady. Here for uniforms? Or mayhap you think you have what it takes to apply for the full knighthood?
Myst gives a warm smile to elder seamster as he welcomes her into his establishment. As she approaches the apparent veteran, her eyes take a small tour of his work shop before resting in his general direction. “Uniforms please, five of them if that is not too much trouble. One Dwarf male, one Kender male, one Half-Orc male, One human male and one human female.” She says with a smile. As the seamster gathers her order, she says teasingly, “I was not aware that this was the Keep’s official recruiting post. Is the High Counsel sitting right back there for my hearing?” Leaning over, she pretends to look in the back storage rooms.

Voadam

Legend
"I'm thinking Tanner and Ulricson would know about the appeals process, lets try them first." Kinana says to the elf wizardess as they head out.

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
Myst: the old knight laughs as he compares a couple tunics to see which would be the best fit for you. Well obviously, the high council's not here, and they don't conduct every prospective knight's trial. Otherwise we'd have to drag every candidate back to Sancrist! But a council of any three local knights can be readily convened to review a candidate's application. Around here, it's usually myself, Sir Bradford and Lady Liana of the Sword. That's a very important part of the revisions to the measure on recruitment, that and the elimination of application fees. I should know, I helped Lord Gunthar write the new articles on recruiting.

Kinan and Ahlana: You don't have to go far to find Tanner, as he knocks on your door. Greetings sir. I believe Sir Deregan asked for mine and Ulricsohn's gig sheets? He says as Gorash and Deregan emerge from the back room.

Yeblin: Luke appears to have his hands full as the taverne is now humming with activity. I'd be most grateful for your assistance Master Yeblin. You see, I was willing to wait. The customers, on the other hand, weren't! He holds down a plate of steak, creamed corn and a baked potato for you to see. That should give you an idea of how I arrange things. Can you go in the back, keep an eye on the stew and throw another couple steaks on the grille?

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Sure!" Yeblin goes into the kitchen. He take some steak on the grill and look at one plate that is waiting to be served. "Steak, potatoes and cream corn... that's look too simple, let's do something more flavorish." He search in his backpack and take out his hot spices. He is about to put some on teh steak when he hold off. "The Commander should be teh first to taste to my super explosive seasonning... I know!" He takes some ginger roots, garlic and coriander sedds that he quickly crush and put that on teh steak before turing them to make sure the taste enter the meat. "That will taste better."

When Luke come back, Yeblin, looking over the stew so it doesn't burn in the bottom, asks to the cook "Is it the same menu for everyone, or do they have some choices? And does the Commander take the same thing?"

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Eva of Sirrion said:
Myst: the old knight laughs as he compares a couple tunics to see which would be the best fit for you. Well obviously, the high council's not here, and they don't conduct every prospective knight's trial. Otherwise we'd have to drag every candidate back to Sancrist! But a council of any three local knights can be readily convened to review a candidate's application. Around here, it's usually myself, Sir Bradford and Lady Liana of the Sword. That's a very important part of the revisions to the measure on recruitment, that and the elimination of application fees. I should know, I helped Lord Gunthar write the new articles on recruiting."

"You and Lord Gunthar the same age? Naw, I would think you not a day older than Huma's 18th summer." She jests as she gives a small laugh of her own. "However entising it might be to follow both my Father and Brother into the Knight Hood, I think my mind set is a bit differenct then there's and the rest of the Knight Hood. Plus if I keep getting all these gigs, it won't matter who is on the council." She says the last bit in a low tone and with a bit sarcasim.

Remove ads