10 Necromancer Games Adventures: Which Ones Should I Get?

Which of these 10 Necromancer Games adventures should I get?

• A Family Affair

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A Lamentation of Thieves

• Dead Man's Chest

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Elemental Moon

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Fane of the Witch King

• The Coils of Set

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • The Grey Citadel

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • The Six Spheres of Zaihhess

• The Tower of Jhedophar

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Trouble At Durbenford

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Other Choice (Explain why in post, please)

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Poll closed .

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Okay, I only have a few adventures from Necromancer Games -- Gary Gygax's Necropolis and The Hall of the Rainbow Mage as well as these two PDF adventures Set's Daughters and The Wizard's Amulet.

I've also decided that if I can find them, I wil definitely be getting the following adventures: Rappan Athuk Reloaded, The Diamond Fortress, and The Lost City of Barakus. From my other 10 adventures thread, I'm still mulling over whether or not to get The Bonegarden and Vindication. (I think the former is more like than the latter.)

Anyway, I'm most interested in the ten NG adventures listed in the poll...
  • A Family Affair
  • A Lamentation of Thieves
  • Dead Man's Chest
  • Elemental Moon
  • Fane of the Witch King
  • The Coils of Set
  • The Grey Citadel
  • The Six Spheres of Zaihhess
  • The Tower of Jhedophar
  • Trouble At Durbenford
However, I haven't rejected any of the NG adventures as being "off my radar" since I have liked every NG product I've every bought. It doesn't matter if an adventure is v.3.0 or v.3.5. Therefore, I have included an option for those that wish to recommend a different NG adventure.

Regardless, I have to remain fussy since I only have so much physical space for my collection of adventures and sourcebooks.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
I voted for all of them and for others they have done. I've not run many of them but I've not found one I didn't like. Reading throug their moduels is enjoyable as they are creative and fun and down right nasty in terms of difficulty.

Tomb of Absynthor?

I own most of the modules on your list, but haven't run any of them

You really ought to try to pick up Tomb of Absynthor. It's really good.
I'd also pick up Vault of Larin Karr.
You're already getting Rappan Athuk Reloaded and Barakus...both good choices.
I really like Ancient Kingdoms: Mesopotamia, it's basically 'Conan in D&D'.

Ot

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I really like Ancient Kingdoms: Mesopotamia, it's basically 'Conan in D&D'.
I have that book; I consider it more of a sourcebook than an adventure but you are right, it is really good. I also have Bard's Gate, City of Brass, and Glades of Death, which I bought for the sourcebook aspects. (I also have ToH I [Rev.], III, and III.)

Treebore

First Post
I voted for all of them and for others they have done. I've not run many of them but I've not found one I didn't like. Reading throug their moduels is enjoyable as they are creative and fun and down right nasty in terms of difficulty.

Ditto! Except I have run several of them! I was/am a fan of Necromancer because there were only 4 modules out of all the many that they did that I did not like, and none of those are on this list.

Hstio

First Post
I've been a great fan of the Grey Citadel since it came out. I thought it was well put together, very believable, and fairly easy to run. The author just recently put out a sequel in pdf format, but my dislike of pdfs and the cost has prevented me from picking it up. I also really enjoyed the Tomb of Absynthor. For a dungeon crawl, its a good and fairly deadly one. Bard's Gate is probably third on my list of modules you don't have.

Hstio

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Ditto! Except I have run several of them! I was/am a fan of Necromancer because there were only 4 modules out of all the many that they did that I did not like, and none of those are on this list.
Okay, so which are the four you didn't like and why? B-)

CsonTep

First Post
I would have voted for all of them also, but thats not really going to help you. So, I voted for what I consider the best on your list. Of those not on your list Tomb of Abysthor and Crucible of Freya (I've run that three times with different groups) are also very very good and (with Wizard's Amulet and Bard's Gate) form the core NECRO-Campaign setting.

KDM27

Remove ads