10 MonkeyGod Adventures: Which Ones Should I Get?

Which of these 10 MonkeyGod adventures should I get?

• All The King's Men

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Hellstone Deep

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

• Shadows Under Thessaline

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Song of Storms

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • The Hero Snare

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • The Last Initiate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Maze of Screaming Silence

• The Scourge of Raftport

• The Treasures of Elbard

• Other MonkeyGod Adventure (Explain Why, Please)

• Poll closed .

talien

Community Supporter
Okay, tell me about The Dancing Hut...

How generic is it? What makes it cool?

That sort of thing...
When I wrote The Dancing Hut I had absolutely no interest in making it generic. I created my own world, a Russian-themed universe called Torassia, and The Dancing Hut is really tied to that universe. I tend to get engrossed in a particular topic and The Dancing Hut encompassed everything I learned about medieval Russia.

This version of the Dancing Hut has nothing to do with the version you might know from Dragon Magazine. My goal was to recreate the myths of Russia that's distinctly Russian -- particularly because Russian mythology is so pervasive in our fairy tales and myths.

On the other hand, if you have a Russian-themed fantasy analogue, The Dancing Hut will challenge your players. It's a story, not a dungeon crawl, that involves as many elements of Russian-lore as I could cram into it. There is a battle over the Tsar's throne, a war between the new and old religions, a storybook-full of legendary Russian beings, and of course Baba Yaga.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
When I wrote The Dancing Hut I had absolutely no interest in making it generic. I created my own world, a Russian-themed universe called Torassia, and The Dancing Hut is really tied to that universe. I tend to get engrossed in a particular topic and The Dancing Hut encompassed everything I learned about medieval Russia.

This version of the Dancing Hut has nothing to do with the version you might know from Dragon Magazine. My goal was to recreate the myths of Russia that's distinctly Russian -- particularly because Russian mythology is so pervasive in our fairy tales and myths.

On the other hand, if you have a Russian-themed fantasy analogue, The Dancing Hut will challenge your players. It's a story, not a dungeon crawl, that involves as many elements of Russian-lore as I could cram into it. There is a battle over the Tsar's throne, a war between the new and old religions, a storybook-full of legendary Russian beings, and of course Baba Yaga.
It's set in the Torassia of Tsar Rising?!? That's interesting since I added the setting of that module to my homebrewed world already...

43490d1270532811-a-kanpur-tfn.jpg

Attachments

• Kanpur-tfn.jpg
    Kanpur-tfn.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 85

Remove ads