10 Necromancer Games Adventures: Which Ones Should I Get?

Which of these 10 Necromancer Games adventures should I get?

• A Family Affair

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A Lamentation of Thieves

• Dead Man's Chest

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Elemental Moon

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Fane of the Witch King

• The Coils of Set

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • The Grey Citadel

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • The Six Spheres of Zaihhess

• The Tower of Jhedophar

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Trouble At Durbenford

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Other Choice (Explain why in post, please)

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Poll closed .

Greg V

First Post
Actually Tsar Rising was an adventure that came out years ago through a 3PP (can't remember which). Shortly thereafter word of Slumbering Tsar hit the scene and they became inexplicably entwined almost immediately. They have absolutely no relation but Slumbering Tsar gets called Tsar Rising so often, I don't even really notice anymore.

Incidentally the three Slumbering Tsar titles are as follows:

1. The Desolation
2. Temple-City of Orcus
3. Caverns of the Barrier

So far only #1 has been published, but yes, all three have been written and were in fact completed several years ago. Necromancer Games is still looking at layout and cartography for the last two, and have indicated that the sales of #1 could have an impact on that.

I voted Other plus a few of the other books: I'm really fond of the modules Tomb of Abysthor, Demons & Devils, Vault of Larin Karr, and Wizard's Amulet/Crucible of Freya (once you add in the wilderness downloads). On the sourcebooks side, Bard's Gate and Mother of All Treasure Tables are both far more useful to me than ToH were (although I like those too).

Nod, as many have said, "Tomb of Abysthor" is good -- especially if you have a paladin in the party, if I'm remembering correctly.

Wizard's Amulet/Crucible of Freya is a worthy "campaign starter" adventure, like "Sunless Citadel" or "Three Days to Kill".

Bards Gate and Rappan Athuk seem good to own . . . not sure why, exactly. :)

meomwt

First Post
I ran The Grey Citadel a few years ago: check out my Session Logs here.

Though I haven't managed to run Tomb of Abysthor yet, it looks pretty good. Again, check out some of the logs on the Necro Forums for some good ideas on running the adventure.

Really, I haven't read a bad adventure from Necro yet, any of them which you do get will have something you can pull out and use, or to add to a memorable campaign.

frog

Explorer
Actually Tsar Rising was an adventure that came out years ago through a 3PP (can't remember which). Shortly thereafter word of Slumbering Tsar hit the scene and they became inexplicably entwined almost immediately. They have absolutely no relation but Slumbering Tsar gets called Tsar Rising so often, I don't even really notice anymore.

Incidentally the three Slumbering Tsar titles are as follows:

1. The Desolation
2. Temple-City of Orcus
3. Caverns of the Barrier

So far only #1 has been published, but yes, all three have been written and were in fact completed several years ago. Necromancer Games is still looking at layout and cartography for the last two, and have indicated that the sales of #1 could have an impact on that.

See now, we as a community need to work harder on getting more sales of #1 so that I can buy #2 and #3 (and yes...it IS all about me :) )

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I found and bought a copy of Shades of Gray today. The gaming store I found it at also had The Bonegarden, but I'd already spent too much money, elsewhere. So, I let it be, for now. I have a feeling it will still be there in a month. (The stores "dead book" shelves are so disorganized that I'm surprised anyone can find anything in there.)

There was also a copy of The Complete Book of Experimental Might mixed in with everything else. There was even a copy of City of Brass, which I already have.

Unfortunately, none of them are discounted, so I had to pay full price for Shades of Gray. (Worth it!)

Remove ads