[Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Hey, that's a really good story! I have to warn Rhole to stop being so entertaining when I am in ambush. Not good for my concen... Oh no! The jackass elven pirate is trying to kidnap the princess from her lovable skeleton crew! What is going to happen to her? Hurray! A mindflayer comes to save the day! He'll set things straight.

And so time flies. Then Charina spots Jemny.

Oh. Well I can't shoot her in the throat... Should I show myself? Hmmm. She is hardly one to be a messenger to legs breaker. She must be coerced. Let's shadow her instead.

Hidden from Jemni, Charina signals to Rhole that she will follow the kid and that the others ought to keep out of sight of Jemny but in sight of Charina. She conveys all that by pointing at herself, then Jemny. Should be clear enough.

[sblock=OOC]By the rules, I don't think I need to make a new stealth check until I do something to break the conditions for staying hidden (and outside of combat, you don't even need cover). I should be able to keep my 30 and shadow Jemni.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
After a moment of talk, Jemny leaves the warehouse, followed by the man. Charina get out of her hiding place and starts to follow the two of them. Following the two of them, Charina makes sure she is followed by the remaining of the group.

Rhole, quickly warned by the message left to Rock, send through Rock a message to the others who quickly join Rhole. The group kept Charina in there line of sight, keeping a good distance to make sure they are not spotted by the Jemny and the man.

Charina need to use her skill at best as the man nervously look around in hope to see the group near him. He seems unable to spot her, but Charina fears he would alert Jemny about her possible presence. After a twenty minute walk, Jemny and the man reach the edge of the city and enter a cemetery. They enter the perimeter and Charina lose their track just as they seems to reach a mausoleum in the center of the cemetery. The other catch on Charina a moment later.

covaithe

Explorer
Ikni's hand tightens automatically on her sword hilt as she recognizes one of the places where the surface-dwellers deposit their dead. Last time, I... This won't be like last time, she vows to herself. Her eyes begin scanning the darkness obsessively, looking for signs of shambling unlife.

[sblock=ooc]Referring to a bit of Ikni's backstory, where she was attacked by zombies and had to flee almost as soon as she reached the surface for the first time. [/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Martelai follows keeping his cloak of shadows around him. He is ready to blast any ambulatory creature that shouldn't be such with Dire Radiance

OOC: ready action: hit undead (or assumed undead as he cannot say who's who) with Dire Radiance. Non-lethal initially since he'd hate to kill a child on a reflex.

Velmont

First Post
Waiting a moment at the edge of the cemetery, the group notice nothing unusual. There is no movement either, all is still.

covaithe

Explorer
Ikni squares her shoulders. "They went into that mausoleum, didn't they? Very well, I will go first. Stay close. Bring light."

She draws her sword and leads the way, poised to parry any sudden attacks.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Argh. I can't believe I still haven't shot someone in the throat! Oh swell, and the burly girl wants to bring light to an underground fight! Damn, I guess the surface dwellers need it but that's nothing to improve my mood.

-''All right, let's go in the marching order we worked out.'' Charina says grimly.

Velmont

First Post
The group enter the cemetery. As they reach the mausoleum, they find it it is the largest of the cemetery. It has very few decoration on it. A few gargoyles head represent human figure with birds wing. Not even the name of the deceased persons laying in it are scribed on it. As they reach the double door that allow to enter in it, they find chains around the handles. A simple lock on the chains keeps all intruders out of the mausoleum.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"I could give it a try. . ." Bell whispers, pulling lock picks out of her bag. "But I'm a little out of practice."

[sblock=ooc]Just a little metagaming, as I know Charina will have a better modifier. Bell would be happy to assist though.

23 Thievery to assist.[/sblock]

Remove ads