[Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Public Image]
Actually, I don’t think our group looks imposing at all. Rhole, at least, is neither armed, angry, nor bloodthirsty. :D
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]No kidding, I think Ikni's strenght score of 15 is by far the highest of the group. I suspect everyone else is 10 or less!

We're the Puny enforcers (TM). All we are missing is a halfling using a sling.
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Awww." Bell pouts a little as she makes her way round to the back of building. I guess I wasn't a very good warehouse worker. I wonder where Rhole went?

Velmont

First Post
The group returns to the warehouse with the man. The man returns to his work. Charina find a place on the other side of the street. Hidden behind a rain barrel next to a warehouse, she has a good sight and few people use the road in front of the warehouse, so she can keep a good sight at the man. While that time, Rhole have found a crate where he is sitting and playing banjo with an empty whisky bottle he found and pretend to take some good time there. He lay is back on the warehouse just next to the large open door, keeping an eye on the inside and the man. Most people just ignore him, or just listen to his music while they are working. The rest of the group after Charina warning, go back to the back entrance and starts to wait, waiting for a signal.

They wait like that over three hours. The sky have turned red when the man is finally contacted. Neither Charina or Rhole have seen the kid come but you spot the man talking nervously to a small kid. They are in the dark of the now half empty warehouse, but Charina have a good enough vision to see them just as plain day. They are speaking in a corner out of sight of the other workers. Rhole have turned his head and spot them too, both being behind him. Neither Rhole or Charina have spotted any suspect person around. The kid seems alone.

[SBLOCK=Charina]You recognize the kid as being Jemny.[/SBLOCK]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Martelai, not being strong enough to work with dock hands, but with his blue coat still somehow seeming to be part of the people who belong on the docks, he 'supervises' several crews, makes rounds checking crates and occasionaly checking in his little blue book some numbers.

"You can try to be street call girl." he says to women with a smile. Since he spoke in singular it's not clear whether he addresses Bell or Ikni. He then dissapears in milling workers and captains.

Bluff (1d20+10=29)

OOC: hehe, no wonder Rocco and the rest of the group cannot score higher then 10, eh, Covaithe?

covaithe

Explorer
"You can try to be street call girl." he says to women with a smile.

The quartz-like veins in Ikni's face pulse with color, and she opens her mouth for a tart reply, but Martelai has already disappeared into the crowd.

ooc: Yeah, IC seems prone to streaks of really good or really bad luck recently.

Velmont

First Post
Martelai, who is within the warehouse inspecting the remaining crates, also spot the kid as he speaks with the man.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Martelai, Charina and Rhole see the meeting between the man and the kid. Ikni, Bell and Derien are waiting behind the warehouse.[/SBLOCK]

Dunamin

First Post
Rhole rocks back and forth on his crate, recounting some far-fetched make-believe tale about pirate naval battles within Slydove Bay of the Isle of the Laughing Gallows. It features an obnoxious elven pirate-pretender with delusions of moral high ground, trying to save some damsel in questionable levels of distress from an undead skeleton-crew. Somehow, a mind flayer captain also becomes involved in the story.

In the meantime, Rock makes brief periodic invisible scouting runs, scanning the warehouse and its immediate surroundings for suspicious activity. After each run, it returns to whisper a report to Rhole.

If Charina is within 50 ft, Rhole uses Ghost Sound to send the following whispered message:​

“Ho, lass. Be that one of the wee lads we be lookin’ for?” Rhole’s whispered voice manifests in his overtly corny pirate accent, just a hair’s breadth by Charina’s ear.

An instant later, Rock pops into view next to Charina and those assembled by her, offering a note upon which a message can be sent back.

taran

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Martelai, Charina and Rhole see the meeting between the man and the kid. Ikni, Bell and Derien are waiting behind the warehouse.[/SBLOCK]
[sblock=ooc]That's fair. I had a response about Derien using Religion and his status as a priest of Netari to blend into the crowd, but I don't see it now :/[/sblock]

Remove ads