[Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g)

taran

First Post
"My friend's been having a bad week," Derien says, shaking his head sadly. "She's lost her halfling, a tragic thing even under the best of circumstances, and she doesn't handle stress well." Derien sighs deeply, seemingly caught up in the tragedy of it all, then leans in close.

"You're in a tough spot. Running, hiding, strangers threatening you with " - and here Derien's smooth facade cracks a little - "really enormous crossbows. It's hard, I know. But you can make all this go away. You just have to think back, and tell us everything you remember about a red-haired halfling named Merryl. It may be that you know more than you think!"[sblock=Skill Checks]Insight: 19. I feel as though we can safely assume he's lying, but just in case...
Diplomacy: 14[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"He doesn't know anything. Kill him and let's burn that warehouse down."
Intimidate (1d20+10=19)

Martelai let's eldritch fire encompass his hands.

He takes care to cazch Bells eyes (while turning away from the man) and winks so she doesn't react negatively to such proposal.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''All right, as my colleagues pointed out, I am on edge today. You say you don't know my friend, Fair enough. Just focus on Rinch and my desire to shoot someone in the throat, then. We know you used to run with him.''

Charina approaches her arbalest dangerously close fo the man's throat.

[sblock=OOC]
initimidate (1d20+5=8)

Ah. This reminds me of one my gripe with the Intimidate mechanics; as a skill roll, it's really just a specialized bluff. Will the target believes you will do horrible things to hims if he doesn't comply? But Charina WILL do horrible things to him if he doesn't talk, no matter how low she rolls on her intimidate check!

In a case like this, it's really the target who sould do an insight check!

Thankfully, Martelai and Ikni have better intimidate check, but if doesn't talk, Charina just shoots him in the shoulder and ask again.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dunamin

First Post
“Ooo, we’re at the hardboiled-interrogations-with-questionable-justification-part already? Let me at him!”

Rhole finally catches up after significant delay, having more than fulfilled Bell’s request of knocking over items for the sake of drama. This in turn had drawn attention from more than a few angry stall owners, which Rhole in turn somehow talked out of lynching him.

Also, he spent a moment to magically tune his voice into persuasive juju with the Great Ultra-Intense Thundering Audio Ripper, assisted by Rock's tiny stone tuning fork.

Rhole takes a minute to perform the Glib Limerick ritual (expending no components thanks to Bardic Training)​

“Hi there, Mister Suspect. I’m the Good Co-… uh, I mean, I’m Rhole! I hope all this "chasing you down and threatening you" affair won’t stop you from coming to any of my concerts. I’m on a new tour, you know!”

“So anyway, I thought you should know that our throat-perforating friend here suffers from this wicked rare pseudo-epileptic spastic condition. You see, it’s only her trigger-finger that starts twitching, but on the flipside it does so almost all the time. Especially under stress.”

“I’m sure that anything you could recall would ease off her stress greatly. Help me help you help her.”

Bluff 28 (rerolled from a Nat 1 thanks to ritual) :lol:
[sblock=OOC]Whoa! Busy weekend means coming back to a bucketful of updates! :D[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Wowowowo..." nervously tells the man, slowly making a step back. "adventurers... are you always crazy like that? Listen up, I don't have a clue about your halfling friend. Yeah, I was a former member of Rinch's gang, but he died, and I finally was able to get out of that. They are even crazier than you."

The man continue to speak fast, the words almost have difficulty to get out of his mouth so much he speaks fast. "Frederic, a close friend of Rinch, took control of what remained of the gang and he is trying to build it up and take back what Rinch have build. I was contacted by them and I decline to come back. I don't want to have affair with them anymore. They told me they would contact me again today, giving me a chance to change my mind.

When I saw you, I thought you were Sherryl, another close friend of Rinch. She is drow too. I thought she came to make my skin because I declined. As I told you, it's just a big misunderstanding. Damned, I should never have listen to my brother in the first time."

Derien listen to the man, he is nervous, he is scared and he is just telling at the moment all that come by his head. He is most likely tells the truth or he is had prepared that speech long time ago.

covaithe

Explorer
"Where and when were Frederic's people to contact you?" Ikni chimes in, making no particular effort to be either friendly or frightening.

[sblock=ooc]Yeah, intimidate is sometimes a strange mechanic. I don't usually require a check, or the check auto-succeeds, if actual violence is used. And, of course, if intimidation is possible at all. Contra certain governments, it's not actually possible to use violence to get people to tell you things they don't know.[/sblock]

taran

First Post
"And what's your brother's name?"[sblock=ooc]Am I the only one who keeps confusing this adventure with Marna Is Missing? Twice now I've almost posted some actions to it.[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Well, do us both a favor and tell me where I can find Sherryl and Frederic. Who knows, I might end up solving your problem if they are indeed behind the disparition of my friend.'' Charina says intensely.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=OOC]
Am I the only one who keeps confusing this adventure with Marna Is Missing? Twice now I've almost posted some actions to it.
I usually mix up taverns and post in LEB something intended for L4W or vice versa. Also, I posted under friends name/account(he asked me to take over until his exams are finished and I had account remembered by IE) for my character - kind a confusing :)
[/sblock]

"We could save you some trouble, not to mention your own skin if we get to 'talk' to this man. But understand, we're not here for them, unless they have something to do with missing people.

And don't worry, we weren't really going to hurt you."

Diplomacy (1d20+7=9) yeah, like he'll believe that

Remove ads