Anyone feeling old?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I clicked it and it says I need to spread more love around before putting any more peanut butter down.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Old is remembering that you use to have to boot your computer from your floppy drive, sometimes having to change your system files, just to play a game on it.

Old is reading a book on your kindle and realizing it was better in hardback.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Old is remembering the first programming lessons using punch cards.

Old is remembering the TV set offering three channels - in black&white.

I'm actually feeling old when I realize that our software testers - students in their mid-twenties - could easily be my children.

I remember when during the summer that tv shows would air the season that just ended and NBC's tag line would be "if you didn't see it,it's new to you" I also recall when TGIF did a whole night of time travel and NBC did a block of shows that each dealt with a blackout due to one show.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Lego people either didn't have arms or faces, or were really tall with ropey limbs. And Fabuland. (shudder)

Critics claimed that there would never be computer effects more stunning and realistic than TRON.

I miss my VIC 20's tape drive.

UHF

Baskin Robbins actually having 31 flavors in the store. And getting the owner to swear by ordering a bubblegum milkshake. (The ice cream had actual bubble-gum in it--guess what that did to the machines)

Leave it to Beaver was a new TV show...

TV stations never showed movies less than 10 years old. (or was it 20?)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Old is realizing that CD-ROMs were cutting edge tech when Shadowrun debuted, and wireless phones and several devices from pwniexpress would have solved several problems in old adventures for the setting. :)

What are you talking about? I remember cassete players being a form of data storage

I miss my VIC 20's tape drive.

That is the thing I was talking about!

I don't often feel old, but when I do, I prefer....

What was the question again?

What? there was a question?

Remove ads