Anyone feeling old?

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Anyone feeling old?
Not until you mentioned it a day after my birthday! :.-(

I feel old when I see people dying of old age I remember seeing young. Harrison Ford needing a rollator after falling out of the MF on the new-new Star Wars film set isn't helping either. Baby/kid actors from movies/tv series you grew up with as full on adults...

Remembering that getting a 5.25" floppydrive was so cutting edge. The Walkman was hip. Had to bash the TV/Monitor on the side to align it properly. Having to type stuff by hand on a typewriter until there where commercially available printers for PCs.

Remembering that we would wait with playing AD&D because AD&D 2E was announced (and continued to play ODM/D&D red/blue box).

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I remember High school typing class was on those old black manuals using correction tape. We only had one electric typwriter and we liked it. or else.
I remember accounting was on actual paper using these things called pencils. I remember the TI-30 used red LED and was
THE
cutting edge.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have no choice but to remember the smell of mimeo fluid- all 4 of my grandparents were teachers and so was my mom, and used them. My paternal grandmother actually had a machine at her house.

Old is remembering standing by the TV to click through the three or four channels until you found something to watch, then having to stand there throughout the show with the antenna in your hand to get good enough reception to watch it.

Hussar

Legend
Heh. We were swanky. We had a motorised antenna tower with a dial inside. You turned the dial and the top of the tower would spin in whichever direction you turned the dial.

Remove ads