[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Overhearing the older man's reply to Ys-Baddaden (having stopped walking before) Pyior tries to recall if he has ever heard of such a creature. If necessary he pulls out Fekart's Fabulous Beastiary from his pack to consult it.

(Knowledge: Dangerous Beasts +9, +11 with book)

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Khajom looks at Pyior thumb through his book and growls good-naturedly. "I've heard of these creatures. They like to eat books. After they eat a book, they emit a low, humming noise. Dangerous beasts. Bane to librarians everywhere." He grins, displaying some very clean and very sharp teeth.

Rybaer

First Post
Cordo said:
Overhearing the older man's reply to Ys-Baddaden (having stopped walking before) Pyior tries to recall if he has ever heard of such a creature. If necessary he pulls out Fekart's Fabulous Beastiary from his pack to consult it.

(Knowledge: Dangerous Beasts +9, +11 with book)

[ooc: Pyior vaguely recalls something about a creature called a Gassar Screecher, which might be what they're talking about. The Gassars are the predominant tree species in the Floating Forest. Your recollection is a bit hazy and your book has no relevant reference, but something in the back of your mind makes you think that the Screecher was some sort of small rodent. Roll (2) +11 = 13 ]

Rybaer

First Post
The group is ready to leave within an hour of hearing out Bean over drinks. While the Ebonring Keep is west-northwest of Lothis, your journey begins to the south along the caravan road to Gahanis. According to the locals, you'll follow that road to the southwest for just over a day on foot. A few miles past the Grumblewood Roadhouse, there will be a lesser used road that leads west out to the Keep.

The first few hours of the trip are pleasant. The road is well-traveled and in serviceable condition. Numerous small villages and farms dot the rolling plains for several miles from Lothis, but start to disappear within a couple hours of hiking. Only scattered clusters of trees and the occasional boulder break up the landscape.

Due to your start in the early afternoon, you will be unable to make it to Grumblewood by nightfall. Worse than being forced to make camp on the plains, dark clouds loom on the western horizon as dusk approaches. From experience, you expect to be wet within a couple hours.

[OOC: Those who wished to purchase gear can do so at the market just outside the Liars' Club or the mercantile store at AU or PHB prices. Also, could you please establish a (loose) marching order as well as any watch arrangements you might desire.]

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
OOC: Khajom marches near Pyior, who he forces into the middle of the order. Likewise, Khajom stands watch with the little magister, sleeps nearby (sitting up, with his eyes open), and is likewise inseparable from Pyior, excepting situations where modesty and/or ettiquette demand otherwise. In those cases, he lurks somewhere nearby from where he can respond to trouble quickly.

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Pyior grins at Khajom's joke (having taken a few weeks to adjust to Khajom's dry sense of humor he is finally getting the hang of it) and tells the group "I vaguely recall reading of a creature called a Gassar Screecher, which might be what the old human was talking about. The Gassars are the predominant tree species in the Floating Forest. My recollection is a bit hazy and my book has no relevant reference, but something in the back of my mind makes me think that the Screecher was some sort of small rodent. It doesn't exactly match up with the rumor the old human reported but maybe there is something to it."

Pyior follows Khajom's lead in the marching order.

Remove ads