D&D 5E Bahamut and Tiamat Minis Released

Nebulous

Legend
A lot of the new WizKids D&D minis look awful but that platinum dragon is pretty sweet.

Yeah, i agree, some are just horrible, but those two dragons are AAA quality.

In fact, i was just looking at the invisible line of miniatures, and marveling at how WotC has managed to make clear plastic, unpainted minis rare and extremely expensive.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
Wow, these are stunning. I am now so very glad I preordered these and they have both just shipped. Cant wait to whip these out when I run RoT.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!

I don't have a problem if this is how big Tiamat is. The white dragon is a nice size too but I'd like to get one a size larger as well. A Perry miniatures Edward IV in the middle.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Not even close to the quality of the old ones yet, imo. I own thousands, and the new ones range from terrible to great, with too many on the terrible side of the line. But, Paizos got better over time, these will also.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I thought the old D&D miniatures were terrible to average at best in terms of paint job and figure quality, with the sizes all over the place. New ones like the Bugbears and Hobgoblins are very nice in comparison. The dragons are nice, the giants are nice, I'm happy with them.

Nebulous

Legend
Not even close to the quality of the old ones yet, imo. I own thousands, and the new ones range from terrible to great, with too many on the terrible side of the line. But, Paizos got better over time, these will also.

I have thousands too. (really? Man, that's scary). I have many, many boxes since Harbrginer, and metal ones before that. I'm happy to say that i have an exact or approximate miniature for any situation. Getting me to fork over more money for more hobgoblins, kobolds, giants or any other two legged humanoid is very difficult. At this point my attention is just captured by the weird or well-sculpted to round out niche spots.

And that is an awesome Tiamat. What's it sell for? $50?

Nebulous

Legend
I thought the old D&D miniatures were terrible to average at best in terms of paint job and figure quality, with the sizes all over the place. New ones like the Bugbears and Hobgoblins are very nice in comparison. The dragons are nice, the giants are nice, I'm happy with them.

Really? Average at best? I mean, sure, there were hundreds of really bad, just bad, and just average ones, but they had quite a few gems in there too over the years. To each his own I guess. I have so many i have never even used, they're just sitting in boxes looking pretty. Or, not pretty, if it's a sucky scuplt :)

Scorpio616

First Post
I've got Tiamat and she's cool, could be bigger though.
Agree, She looks good, but I want a fig that dominates the table if I'm putting Tiamat out there.
Maybe if the player's minis were 10mm or 15mm scale she'd look the right size.
I like them flying myself.
Better than them standing like a biped or a t-rex. Definitely better than the squatting Colossal red.
Some of the large dragons from earlier sets were smaller than they should be,
Really? I felt WotC's plastic dragons were generally about right or slightly big for their base size. But I didn't get all of them, What one ones did you find too dinky?
or in goofy positions, in order to fit the base.
True. I do like the technique Reaper is used with the big Bones KS1 dragons on rocky outcroppings so one can just trim away rock to fit it to a desired base.

Remove ads