D&D 5E Bahamut and Tiamat Minis Released

Scorpio616

First Post
Really? Average at best? I mean, sure, there were hundreds of really bad, just bad, and just average ones, but they had quite a few gems in there too over the years. To each his own I guess. I have so many i have never even used, they're just sitting in boxes looking pretty. Or, not pretty, if it's a sucky scuplt :)
Some folks hold gaming minis to a high standard, which the rubbery plastic and thick rubbery paint of the DDM just won't measure up to.

Me, I'm OK with action figure quality. As long as it is better than the CHEAP dinosaur toys the old gygax monsters hail from, I'm happy with it.

Nebulous

Legend
Some folks hold gaming minis to a high standard, which the rubbery plastic and thick rubbery paint of the DDM just won't measure up to.

Me, I'm OK with action figure quality. As long as it is better than the CHEAP dinosaur toys the old gygax monsters hail from, I'm happy with it.

I'm really pleased with a large majority of the DDM line. In general, the bigger ones are just better painted and sculpted. I've wanted to use this puppy for years now! Never had the chance. I don't think anyone can say this is a bad sculpture. But yes, the little snakes need white teeth! But i can fix that.

NOPRHc6.jpg

Nebulous

Legend
Desperately needs new sharper teeth in the main mouth.

lol, yeah, it could almost gum you to death. A little epoxy putty would fix that. Anyway, for a Huge mini, pre-painted and nigh-indestructible (and an Uncommon I think), it would make a whopping horror to plop down on the table.

GameDoc

Explorer
The gargantuan Bahamut and Tiamat miniatures were released today. These are the D&D Icons of the Realms figures licensed to Wizkids. While the color of the platinum dragon doesn't look right, the sculpt is very dynamic.

I have to agree. Great sculpts, but Bahamut doesn't really look all that platinum to me.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Agree, She looks good, but I want a fig that dominates the table if I'm putting Tiamat out there.
Maybe if the player's minis were 10mm or 15mm scale she'd look the right size.
Better than them standing like a biped or a t-rex. Definitely better than the squatting Colossal red.
Really? I felt WotC's plastic dragons were generally about right or slightly big for their base size. But I didn't get all of them, What one ones did you find too dinky?
True. I do like the technique Reaper is used with the big Bones KS1 dragons on rocky outcroppings so one can just trim away rock to fit it to a desired base.

Looking at my old D&D minis yeah you are right about the sizes being OK for the base size. As for Tiamat's size, yeah I wouldn't mind it if she were bigger but I'm guessing she would dominate the table if I busted her out as she is right now.

Remove ads