• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CB's Pathfinder Beta -- Burnt Offerings

"Sure thing. Out the door, right on Main, take Main down to Market. You'll be looking for the large building to your right on the corner of Market and Salmon." Corporal Blackard grins at Tac then nods in Talashia's direction. "There's enough of us left to step up the patrols, but you're welcome to join in of your accord. Old Tom Maggard's gone missing but the rest of us wot as are staying behind can do."

"Never showed up to watch the North Gate. Left here plain enough, and it plenty of time to get to his station, just never showed up by all accounts." Corporal Blackard shrugs.

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

"Never showed up to watch the North Gate. Left here plain enough, and it plenty of time to get to his station, just never showed up by all accounts." Corporal Blackard shrugs.

Tac's brows furrow as he hears this news. He glances to Elyra as he asks the Corporal, "Do you happen to know what size boot Maggard wore?"

"Uh, no." Clearly thrown off guard, the good corporal looks askance at Tac. "Sorry, I see what you're driving at, Mr. Tac, but I can't say as we keep up with one another's footwear 'round these parts. Now, in Korvosa..." The Corporal winks, his good humor returned.

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Uh, no." Clearly thrown off guard, the good corporal looks askance at Tac. "Sorry, I see what you're driving at, Mr. Tac, but I can't say as we keep up with one another's footwear 'round these parts. Now, in Korvosa..." The Corporal winks, his good humor returned.

"Anyone else disappear?" Asks Elyra. "Any other -- Strangeness?"

Corporal Blackard shakes his head. His close-cropped copper hair doesn't budge an inch. "No, no other bad news. We'll know more about how many we lost later today after Father Zantus finishes his count at the temple."

Hate to hustle you all, but I think we've spent enough time on talk and need to be moving outside so that Taran can re-join the group and we can get on to something else.

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

Tac nods. "Thanks much, corporal," he says, moving toward the front door. "Guess the question," he says to others as he moves, "Is whether we hit the North Gate again or Sir Korvaski. I'm maybe more inclined toward the noble, but ... all right, now this is getting to be a habit!"

Tac's thought is interrupted as he catches sight of Sandstone outside the mayor's office. He crosses his arms and jokes to the others, "It's like he heard the Mayor ask us here this morning. Oddest coincidence."

mfloyd3

Explorer
Tac nods.

Tac's thought is interrupted as he catches sight of Sandstone outside the mayor's office. He crosses his arms and jokes to the others, "It's like he heard the Mayor ask us here this morning. Oddest coincidence."

The look Elyra gives her cousin is at once obviously significant and utterly inscrutable. "Let's drop the coins off," she says. "Maybe they'll tell us something about what to look for elsewhere."

Remove ads