• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CB's Pathfinder Beta -- Burnt Offerings

Sheriff Hemlock answers Sivan. "Father Tobyn's ward? Her remains were too charred to merit burning. We cremated what of her we could find from her quarters and sprinkled the ashes." The sheriff looks at Sivan, frowning, but says nothing more.

When everyone has left his office, the sheriff quietly closes the door. Downstairs at the main desk, a brisk young man in a clean uniform greets those returning from their morning meeting with the sheriff and the mayor. "Sheriff's none too well known for his larder. If your breakfast wasn't filling enough, there's good eats at the chow hall--just there, in that outbuilding. Might be a few scraps left, even at this late hour." The young man winks and points to a single-story wooden building behind and to the right of the garrison.

Shayuri

First Post
"Breakfast was fine, thank you," Talashia replies, unable to conceal some of her disdain for the idea of eating the scraps left behind by someone else. "I don't think any of us are quite that bad off."

She lapses into a thoughtful silence as they head off to meet this corporal fellow.

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

Tac seems to brighten up at the prospect of more free food, but Talashia's comments sober him up.

"Thanks for the offer," he says, "But we have another meeting we should probably be getting to."

"No, not the Mayor. Sheriff Hemlock mentioned you might be on temporary hire. He said if you accepted the contract, for me to help you with your needs during his absence." The good corporal smiles.

mfloyd3

Explorer
"No, not the Mayor. Sheriff Hemlock mentioned you might be on temporary hire. He said if you accepted the contract, for me to help you with your needs during his absence." The good corporal smiles.

"Thank you," Elyra tells the corporal. She looks at her newfound comrades. "We should work out our plans," she offers. "Check out those coins, and set up some patrols?"

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

"Thank you," Elyra tells the corporal. She looks at her newfound comrades. "We should work out our plans," she offers. "Check out those coins, and set up some patrols?"

Tac nods, then asks the corporal, "Do you happen to know which way to Sir Korvaski? We have a ... minting question the mayor thought he might know about."

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia sighs and rubs the bridge of her nose. Patrols.

"I suppose so," she allows. "But bear in mind I didn't come here just to see a church and see family. I was sent to actually -do- something, so I'll need some time for that. I can't be wandering around town all day."

Remove ads