• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Festival of Halina (Orsal Judging)

El Jefe

First Post
LogicsFate said:
"I, I don't know, three I guess. But I don't know how many groom's men there are suppose to be."
"Well, how many bridesmaids will there be?", asked Oirhandir, a hint of exasperation creeping into his voice.

LogicsFate

First Post
"Oh, they're going to be Brides Maids?"

"Well there should be, the groom gets a best man and the bride get the bride's maids..."

"Well, how many bridesmaids will there be?"

"I don't know" Elise pauses "I don't even think she's told her friends yet, she went straight to planning" Worried look "Do you want me to ask her about it, right now?"

El Jefe

First Post
LogicsFate said:
"I don't know" Elise pauses "I don't even think she's told her friends yet, she went straight to planning" Worried look "Do you want me to ask her about it, right now?"
Things were going well but 3 days before the wedding the bride didn't even know how many bridesmaids she would have? Oirhandir was now clearly alarmed. This sort of thing rarely happened with elven weddings, which were often planned years ahead of time (along with last-minute improvisations of the sort that wouldn't ruin the day if they failed). But he'd heard tales of men and women getting married that turned into disasters, and this portended to be one of them.

"Ah, if you could, please", the elf said haltingly. "That is, if it's not too busy in there and this would be a good time." Oirhandir mentally reviewed the options. After himself there was Troi and Fang, and Ingus and his two assistants if needed. He suspected that most of the party could afford their own finery, but wondered what Lord Valdor would charge for several additional sets if needed. If he had to pay for some of the groom's men's outfits, perhaps he could arrange for Sunny to reimburse him once they got to Orussus and got paid. Oirhandir didn't mind splurging on his friend, so long as he had enough left over to buy a bow when it was all over.

"Please don't say more than six", he thought to himself as he made the request to Elise.

LogicsFate

First Post
"It didn't seem like a big deal, but I'll go ask" before see turns to leave "Is there any other iformation that you need, before I start running back and forth" Elise smiles

El Jefe

First Post
LogicsFate said:
"Is there any other iformation that you need, before I start running back and forth" Elise smiles
"Well, anything that the groom's party should know as it makes preparations", came Oirhandir's quick reply. "Anything that Sunny needs to know or participate in or account for."

Bront

The man with the probe
The door to the mayor's house opens up, and Daphnie emerges with the two guards. She waves at you all, blows a kiss in your direction, presumably at Sunny, and then begins to walk towards one of the other town buildings.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
I can't help but feel there's something we're missing... if only I could follow her... damn it! Why did I volunteer to watch Sunny? If I hadn't, I could get closer to Daphnie and maybe find out what it is that we're not catching...

What did I say to the sheriff? I'd watch him... but should I bother keeping with that? I didn't exactly give the guy my word... but I am gettin' paid... well, if it's a job, I can quit, right?

"[Elven] Oirhandir,
could ya keep'n eye on
Sunny
fer me? I'm gonna follow
Daphnie
an' see if I can't get'n idea a what's botherin' me. I dunno what I'm lookin' for, but I don't think that
Sunny's
gonna have an answer, y'know? An' if the sheriff comes by an' asks fer me, tell 'im I'm takin' a break er somethin', an' that I'll be back in a bit... pressin' business, er somethin', I dunno. Make up whatever's appropriate, y'know?
"

He then turns to Elise. "[Elven]
So, I think
" Troi pauses, and shakes his head. "[Common] I mean, I think I'm gonna come with ya ta talk ta Daphnie. Ta give ya another person ta bounce ideas off of, y'know?"

Weddings... family is involved in weddings. I'm gonna figure this out... it'll prob'ly turn out ta be nothin', but I gotta try. It might be important. And if it's not important, nothing gained, nothing lost... but if it is...

El Jefe

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
"[Elven] Oirhandir, ...
Oirhandir was a little nonplussed at Troi's request, but so long as it didn't invoke the Sheriff's ire, he saw no harm in it. He replied in elven, "
Ah, certainly. I trust you won't be long, I'd hate to have to explain this to the Sheriff.
" The elf wondered if pausing right by the mayor's house was the smartest thing to do, but considered that Troi and Elise might have a hard time catching up if the party wandered off.

Bront

The man with the probe
Troi:
[sblock]Thinking about it, especialy with the current discussion, you remember Daphnie mentioning that her mother had died a while ago. You think that was nagging you with all the discussion about her family and her.[/sblock]

Remove ads