Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
It is par for the course for comics and comic book movies and there wasn't a force on earth that was going to make them pick someone unattractive for the role.
And that forces you to objectify her how?

If she has acting range, that is great, but there was a very specific reason Black Widow's outfit in the Avengers movie looked the way it did. Shame on me for not being afraid to tip toe around the issue.
So your obliged to disrespect women?

My you are quite the victim here.

Gal Gadot? The hotness! It burns us Precious!

No, she's not been in anything where she was required to really do anything but burn into young mens imaginings. But, I was not whelmed by the last Superman and I am not a comics fanboi so I can't scrape together any expectations except utter average-ness.

Scorpio616

First Post
And that forces you to objectify her how?
I'm not the one making the movie. Just one who might be enjoying the eye candy and I'm not repentant about that.

So you're obliged to disrespect women?
Obliged no, but if one is cast for attractiveness over acting ability, then there is a good chance how much I respect that them will be diminished. You are the one who indicated 2004 Miss Israel was not a talented actress, so that leaves how she looks in the WW outfit as one of the few remaining variables on how entertaining the movie will be.
I guess they do not want to be like Marvel and cast talented actors in the roles of their superheroes.

So we have the people who outsourced Kryptonian design to the Warhammer 40000 art team, had Pa' Kent advocating Clark let a busload of kids die, made audience's and
Zod's
heads spin at the end of Man of Steel and chose to put Afleck into the batsuit. Honestly casting an attractive actress who can fight* for WW might be the first decent decision those jokers have made.

*I'm assuming anyone in the Israel Defense Forces will have at least some, if not a decent amount of H2H training.

Scorpio616

First Post
Ugggh, just remembered that Snyder was the guy behind the creeptastic Sucker Punch. Fanservice is one thing, but fanservice in Walter Mitty-esque mental escapes from the trauma of being molested is pretty far past where I draw the line.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Folks,

If this thread is going to devolve into commentary on how drool-worthy the actress is, or commentary on whether we should have such commentary about drool-worthiness, I'll close this now and save us all a lot of trouble.

PigKnight

First Post
Fast & Furious has Dwayne Johnson, and while he is not a spectacular actor he is a respectable one I think.
He's not a good actor. But he's a fun one. I think of him like the Boondock Saints. It's not a good movie but it is fun to watch.

Remove ads