• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 1

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Splendid, welcome to Gryphon Co! You've taken the more logical choice, Laura. I'll have you fill in some forms when we arrive. Now we have cleared this subject, there's still the matter of what to do when we land." Uomo replied. He turns to Grid. "Kid, could you get me Rob?" He stares at Grid's black gaze, as he realizes "Gryphon, Robert Gryphon, phonecall him."

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Is there a phone on the plane? I'm afraid I don't remember. If there is, Terry will check it for listening / taps and use his Comprehend + Technology to try to hack out the listeners before dialing through for Uomo[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra looks relieved. She'd been worried Laura might want, in a fit of understandable distrust, to try to go it alone. She had that right, but Cass was worried what it would mean for her when the other factions vying for her found out...this all over again, but without them to pull her out.

"Do you have any questions for us?" she asked.

BBs

First Post
Laura stays silent for a few seconds, then asks "Well first off ... who is Robert Gryphon? Other than the fact that he is probably my new boss."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Robert Gryphon, son of Gryphon father, founder of Gryphon Corporation, a powerful organization centered in understanding mutant powers. I've worked with both of them, great persons. Robert has inherited his father mutant ability to teleport." explains Uomo.

BBs

First Post
"So he and his father both have the same mutant power,and inherited his father's company." Laura looks confused for a moment "On that note, I'm guessing everyone here is a mutant, what powers does everyone have? Other then my furry friend here." She motions to Felix.

Jemal

Adventurer
<Plane>
Grid is able to get a secure line to Robert Gryphon whenever Uomo is ready for it. He found only standard security on the plane when he swept it.

<NEWS>
In International news, a terrorist attack in Brazil yesterday had the entire city of Sau Paulo shut down as government agents scoured the city for 'mutant insurgents'.
*Clips/pictures of the street with the giant ice golem fighting the police*
The Brazillian government reported that miraculously nobody was killed by what they are calling a 'violent and unprovoked attack.' There is no news yet on what the terrorists plan was, whether any were captured, or if this is linked to the recent attack in Washington.

OOC:
To reiterate, whenever I post news pieces, your characters can see/not see them at your leisure - TV, newspaper, Internet, whatever works for you.

Side note, Frost doesn't work for Gryphon, he was 'saved' by Drake, and sent along with the Gryphon team b/c the terrorist movement was looking to recruit him.

Also, Two notes for VV -
First off, Roberts GRANDfather, William, was the founder of Gryphon. It's a fairly old company.

Also, Although Robert inherited his fathers teleportation, it should be noted that mutations passing down are only about 50/50, as the unstable mutant genomes don't seem to mix well with each other. Mutant/human pairings are more likely to produce the same, or at least similar power in a child, but mutant/mutant pairings are just as likely to produce an entirely new power as it is to replicate one of the parents. (Though all known mutant/mutant pairings have produced mutant offspring).
For example, William Gryphon's mutation was a form of future-sense (more info on him and the company is in the first post of the OOC thread), and Roberts son James is(obviously) Telekinetic.

If you'd like more information on the Gryphon family feel free to ask, but most if it is just background and exceptionally unlikely to come up in game. The Relevant info for Uomo is what's at the start of the OOC thread, and what I've told you about James.

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

"Well, I haven't signed any contract yet... anyway, I'm kind of a cyrokinetic, able to produce ice and cool things down. As a side effect, my entire body is permanently frozen, which is as much fun as it sounds."
Frost explains.

[sblock=OOC]

----

Frost

HP 1

conditions: normal

defenses:
DODGE 7
PARRY 7
FORTITUDE 9
TOUGHNESS 13 (13 Impervious)
WILL 8

Immunity (poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold)

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I was going to ask, how you do with the ladies Mr Frost?" Uomo inquires, crossing his legs and assuming a TV guests show posture. He readily ignores the question about his particular mutation.

OOC: Thanks for the corrections, I messed up.

When he has a minute, he phones Robert:
"Hello Mr. Feathers. We got candy, although the cat went out of the house. I think we should get it home again. I'll be there for supper." was the easily decryptable message Uomo passed to Robert. "Any ideas?"

[sblock=Encrypted message]
Hello Mr. Gryphon. We have Laura, but we had to blew Felix's cover. We are arriving to the country around 7 pm.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Terry Quinlan, The Grid

Terry hesitates a moment, then shrugs, apparently deciding there was little reason to hold back.

"Guess you could say I'm ... sympathetic with electrics," he offers. "I can talk to them, look through them, even travel along them. That last one's how I got to you without anyone seeing. The whole thing leaves me a bit sparky." here he holds his palm face up, and a small arc of electricity leaps from thumb to pinky finger across it.

Remove ads