Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 1

jkason

First Post
[sblock=GM]
It was back in post 192. Twas only a single sentence when the interference went down, you probably missed it.[/QUOTE]

Ah! Yes, I had missed that. Sorry. Terry's always curious, so I imagine he'd have opened it as soon as he thought they were safe (i.e., during the plane ride). Thanks! [/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: Was hoping for a couple more responses before someone actually Woke him up (Was wanting to find out which characters wanted to before someone did), but whatever. :)

Phoenix's eyes remain closed as he responds to Uomo "Patience is a virtue, one which we have spent many lifetimes cultivating."
He sits forward then, opening his eyes and shaking his head. "But it is not a virtue that will serve us now. We need to be moving quickly, I have heard of your exploits.. at least, what the governments are saying about it. I dont suppose you could give me a short version?"

He motions Laura forwards. "A pleasure to meet you, young miss Laura. We've been trying to rescue you for some time." He smiles warmly, but she can see a predatory edge in his eyes.

OOC: Where is Felix and what form is he in?

[sblock=Jkason (Grid)]
It took grid several minutes to crack the message open - even with his powers. He was fairly certain that it would have been unopenable by anybody else, the encryption was clearly not meant to keep him out - just to ensure that he was the only one who got it.
When he finally does decrypt the code, he finds himself in a simulated computer construct. Across the way appears a rather beautiful asian woman with long black hair dressed in a flowing evening gown.
"A pleasure to finally meet you, Grid. I'm Genie."

OOC: I'm going to continue this back and forth between us as it should have no bearing on the other conversation. You can still respond to both 'encounters' if you wish, just make sure you sblock the 'Computer' part so it's seperate.
While you're at it, make a Well Informed check.
[sblock=DC 15]
Genie is another notorious Hacker who showed up about a year ago, able to crack into things that nobody else could. With her appearance coinciding so closely with Grid's dissapearance, and their skills so similar, many people in the community posited the thought that maybe he had just changed his name.
[sblock=dc 20]
Genie's never been tracked successfully, even by other hackers. She's pretty much a ghost. Grid's fairly certain there's maybe three hackers on the planet in the same level as him, and she's one.
[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Zerith

First Post
Felix stood to the front and to right of Laura, with a distinctly fuzzy appearance, cloths aperently greatly oversized and bar none the shortest thing on two legs around as he took in his surroundings, he was a little nervous and his poster had shrunken because of it: Mister Phoenix was taking a nap, apparently, then Uomo walked up to the man to shake him.
Felix did not like this idea, but also did not like the idea of trying to tell Uomo what to do, he stared to reach out, cracked open his mouth and raised his tail in mild alarm but then hesitated, closed his mouth again and let his tail ease back down again while recoiling his hand as Phoenix was shook.

Then Phoenix spoke despite Felix thinking him asleep, Felix jerked slightly, nearly jumping, while his tail shot up, again, and his hair stood on end. He quickly started to calm back down and he looked gave Phoenix another once over.

Last edited:

BBs

First Post
Laura started to walk towards her new boss, Mr. Phoenix, but stopped mid-way due to that strange gleam in his eyes. Feeling rather embarrassed, she just stood and nodded with a smile.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"You've wasted yourr time on rroten potatoes, says an old russian saying. As forr the shorrterr verrsion, I knew you wanted the girrl, so I had one of my contacts with herr alrready, then just crreated a diverrsion, and pulled herr out. Some shooting, some chasing, the usual." the ake russian grins, his hands on his hips as he laughs loudly. "Any other beginnerr task forr us, comrrade? Orr do you have a rreal missions forr us this time?"

OOC: Trying to play mind tricks to mister Phoenix here, tell me if I need to roll something.

jkason

First Post
Terry Quinlan, The Grid

Terry continues to find himself unnerved by Phoenix and his multi-person mutation. Seeing that Phoenix was focused on Laura, and Uomo was more than eager to play the banter, he kept quiet for now. At least, externally...

[sblock=Computer]
"A pleasure to finally meet you, Grid. I'm Genie."

Oh, now this was interesting. Almost like being back out in the real world, before taking on the mutant underground leashing.

"Pleasant surprises all 'round." he sent back. "I'm assuming you're behind that lovely little wall? Very nice work, that. I'm almost jealous."

While you're at it, make a Well Informed check.

Grid doesn't actually have the Well-Informed Advantage. I haven't yet spent those 5 PP yet, though, so I can throw a point at that and one at Investigate pre-roll if you're okay with that? [/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra doesn't miss Phoenix's eying of Laura, and wonders again to herself what all the fuss over this woman is about. In the meantime, she pages through another news site on her PDA, wincing at the footage of the ice golem.

It had seemed like a good idea at the time...

"We needed a distraction," she tells Phoenix woefully. "I figured I could keep them shooting at a block of ice while we made our getaway. I didn't stop to think about what it would look like after the fact. Sorry. Things had started going bad, and we were just looking for a way to get everyone out of there."

(OOC - Sorry I was away, Jemal...I did intend Cass to read up on the event)

Jemal

Adventurer
Phoenix's smile slips slightly when Laura stops approaching, and he quickly switches his scrutinizing gaze to Felix. "A werecat? Not many of your kind around.."
"Yes, young Cassandra, we've all been in the 'it seemed like a good idea at the time' position. I actually have little problem with how it happened. So far as I have heard, no innocents were killed, and you got the job done."
He turns his gaze to Uomo "And whether you wish to believe it or not, comrade, retrieving the lady Laura was no mere beginner task. She is an important young woman.." His smile returns as he looks around "As are all of our brothers and sisters in danger around the globe."

[sblock=Insight DC 20]
His recovery was fairly well timed, but ad-hoc. It's clear he has an interest in Laura in particular, not just as a fellow mutant.[/sblock]

[sblock=computer]
"Why thank you, I was afraid you might break through there a few times, Very impressive yourself." Genie pauses for a moment, as if hesitant to continue, before blurting out "Why are you with the badguys?"
[/sblock]

OOC:
Jkason - Sorry, thought you already had it. No problem with the upgrades.
Voda Vosa - If you'd like to try and trip Phoenix up and get him to reveal something, you could try a deception/persuassion check.

jkason

First Post
Terry Quinlan, The Grid

[sblock=computer]Terry holds his smirk in as he realizes that common wisdom meant he was now talking to himself. That's why they called it 'common,' he decided.

"Why thank you, I was afraid you might break through there a few times, Very impressive yourself." Genie pauses for a moment, as if hesitant to continue, before blurting out "Why are you with the badguys?"

"Which badguys, exactly?" he returns, deflecting. As good as Genie obviously was, he couldn't be entirely sure whether his real or his false affiliation was coming under scrutiny with the question. "I'm a hacker, I figure I'm on enough wanted lists to count as a badguy by default. What whitehats have you got yourself tied up with, anyway?"[/sblock]

Remove ads