Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 2: Vegas!

Voda Vosa

First Post
Uomo passed a hand through his beard. "Yes, we need to secure whatever pathogen agent they have developed, and also any information concerning it's development. I don't think they are going to risk and have this thing out, not even the info; but check that too, and follow the link if there is any. Regarding the test subjects, we'll get them out if we can. Our primary goal is to destroy the pathogen, and I want all resources focused on that, understood? So no heroing before we secure objective Nº1 please, there's too much at stake. Try an locate Dr. White's office if you can as well.
I agree on making this public, but we'll have to check with the big R first."

Voidrazor

First Post
"Hey Grid, can you find that Noah While nut job? If we get a hold of him, we can lay waste to the whole project. Not just grab a sample of whatever they have whipped up. Plus, he can lead us to the most incriminating evidence, the test subject prisoners, yadda." Enoch looks up in a gesture of feigned innocence.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Poking around for a few more minutes, Grid comes up with all the information he was looking for.
Doctor White is, unfortunately, not in tonight. His schedule has him back in tomorrow when they're scheduled to test the next batch, C-3, on the two subjects they currently have. Security will be even tighter then, because there will also be a VIP present to see the results. Grid can't seem to find any other mention of the VIP, who he may be, or how he's connected.

The pathogens(Several strains have been tested) and prisoners are both located on sub-level two, which is devoted to Project Pride. Sub-level one appears to be for secret but legal research projects. There's no real info on the project on this computer, that seems to all be stored on a secured server on the lower level.

Grid is able to discover the location of automated sensors/cameras/defenses, as well as plotting the most direct paths to their objectives, and a backup path that bypasses the majority of the automated defenses, but the security patrols down below are unscheduled, It appears the group will have to be careful.

The unfortunate news is that there seem to be only three ways to Sublevel two:
The main elevator, which lets out into the main guard area.
A Guarded and monitored stairwell.
Or air vents.

Grid is also able to get pictures of the two prisoners, eliciting surprise as they are both recognized by various members of the group.
Cass recognizes the man as the super-terrorist way back from the school, the one who'd tried to go nuclear!
Meanwhile, The tall red-headed woman seems familiar to Frost, but it takes a moment before he connects that and her being listed as "pyrokinetic" before he recognizes her as the Hot German Chick from the Lincoln Memorial, her gothic schoolgirl attire having been replaced by an asbestos jumpsuit.

Both were supposed to have been captured by the Agency..

OOC: With regards to the locations/pathways, etc, I don't think I need to actually describe that, your characters know where to go, I just need to know where you're heading first, and what precautions you're taking.
If Grid wants to hack into any of the security systems down below, he'll need an actual roll.

Anybody can roll a well-informed check on either of the prisoners if desired.

So what's the plan of action?
*Note: I know Grid could teleport himself downstairs, but keep in mind that I have stated before I don't want him using his Teleport to transport others with him.

Also, just noticed I listed the guy as 'russian' in my previous post. That's incorrect, he's supposed to be Arabic. Will edit.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Uomo stares intently at the images and information displayed by Grid. He turns to Enoch. "Think you can keep mister walking nuclear bomb unconscious if we take him out? Otherwise we're leaving him here. The Pyrochick should not be a problem. Now, onto with how are we going to actually get there: As much as I always enjoy an exchange of bullets with paramilitary forces, I think trashing the guards is not an option. We could get sealed inside the facilities, even if we take them all out. That means no elevator for us. Vents? Don't even think about it, it only works on cheap spy movies. Grid, you think you can sweet talk the cameras of the stairwells? "

Last edited:

Zerith

First Post
'Blockbusters use the cliche as well' Felix thought smugly before commenting, "I think I could actually get through them, the airvents, amusing that any electronic security systems in them are taken care of" Felix said with an air of pride, most vents were not large enough for a human to get though, he could just about wiggle his way though anything he could fit his feline head though, and he was able to leap quite high, to him the biggest issue was the labyrinth like quality they had, maneuvering through them on the other hand, unseen and unherd? a cake walk.

[sblock=OoC]we could have Felix go down and observe the portals through the air-vents maybe?;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Uomo nods to Felix, then stares back at Grid. "You think you can make that happen Grid? We'll have CopyCat ahead of us, then we'll go thought the stairs."

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"That is some horrific stuff, Are you going to be able to blank their computers? I'm afraid they'll just make more after we leave."

Jemal

Adventurer
Grid's fairly certain he can make the data unrecoverable, but that would DEFINITELY set off alarms, so should be saved for later. Also, there may be hard copies to deal with.

OOC:
So to clarify, You're taking the staircase with Potvin going through the vents and watching for people from above while Grid and Enoch try to keep the Cameras & Guards from noticing you?
Any further adjustments/questions before the team heads out?

Last edited:

Remove ads