• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Have you bought any (non DM's Guild] 3rd party 5E products?

Have you bought any [non DM's Guild] 3rd party 5E products?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • No

Votes: 27 28.4%

Henry

Autoexreginated
Not much other than EN5ider, as I've looked at the adventures prior to the 5e OGL, and they really didn't inspire me; now post-OGL and DMguild, more rules supplements means i'll be taking a look more often. This month i've been just too busy to do more than be a player, but soon as things calm down i'm definitely exploring DMguild, and still keeping up with OGL products.

AngryTiger

Explorer
I was patron for En5ider for few months before cancelling, other than that, no, haven't bought anything. Also all the DM's guild stuff i have "bought" have been free. Not going to spend what little money i have on anything when i don't know if it's any good.

Devilbass

Explorer
I've picked up a couple of small things, including a PDF of new player races by Kobold Press. The most significant thing though, has been backing The Lost Lands Borderland Provinces by Frog God Games. I've wanted a campaign setting for a while now, and Borderland Provinces scratches that itch nicely.

I think I'll be subscribing to Ensider soon as well.

Mercule

Adventurer
Nope. Haven't bought anything from DM's Guild, either. I'm genuinely not sure why, though. I was a big proponent of bringing back Dragon and Dungeon magazines. I was excited by the announcement of EN5ider, too.

Maybe I'm just enjoying the slower release schedule. I knew I was going to be happier with a 1E-style pace, but I generally picked up Dragon during that era. It's probably got a lot to do with my stage in life; with four kids, I have plenty of things wrestling for my time. I haven't gamed in two months, between holidays and basketball season, but we're gaming this weekend. I just don't need as much stuff, I guess.

wedgeski

Adventurer
I'm an En5ider patron, but other than that, no. And to be honest, I patronize En5ider mostly to support ENW, and secondarily for the actual material produced, although a lot of it is very good.

I expect the situation to change as more adventure material filters onto both En5ider and the DMsG.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Nope. No need.

Conversion and improvisation.

40 years of TSR/WotC gaming material already owned that becomes 5E material in a matter of minutes.

spectacle

First Post
I've bought 5th Edition Foes and have backed Tome of Beasts and I'm waiting eagerly for that one. You can never have too many monsters, and 5th Ed Foes has been very useful so far.

I hope Wizards will also get on the bandwagon and release a Monster Manual 2 or similar product soon!

Remove ads