• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Have you bought any (non DM's Guild] 3rd party 5E products?

Have you bought any [non DM's Guild] 3rd party 5E products?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • No

Votes: 27 28.4%

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I got The Book of Lost Spells from Frog God Games for Christmas, as well as backing the Tome of Beasts on Kickstarter.

EDIT: Oh yes, I also supported Skullduggery.

Last edited:

Same here. I always want more monsters and magic items to use.

I just backed Troll Lord Games’ Fifth Edition Familiars book. Not sure if I’d use it yet, but I always want to support TLG.

I've bought 5th Edition Foes and have backed Tome of Beasts and I'm waiting eagerly for that one. You can never have too many monsters, and 5th Ed Foes has been very useful so far.

I hope Wizards will also get on the bandwagon and release a Monster Manual 2 or similar product soon!

Sacrosanct

Legend
Nope. No need.

Conversion and improvisation.

40 years of TSR/WotC gaming material already owned that becomes 5E material in a matter of minutes.

This. And also being a creator myself, means I don't buy a lot from 3rd parties, although I have in the past. Mostly monsters though.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I have participated in a few kickstarters.

But "want" is a much stronger driver then "need". I will not run out of game any time soon, even if nothing is ever released ever again.

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
I've backed the Scarred Lands Player's Guide, which I anticipate I'll get a lot of use out of. I've also picked up PDFs of a couple race books from Kobold Press (more to provide me ideas on home-brew and conversion than to use directly), and Book of Lost Spells and Fifth Edition Foes (both of which I've read through and found myself not liking enough to use).

Fifth Edition Foes and the two Kobold Press Races books as PDFs. Plus Tome of Beats in hardcover and Skullduggry in softcover.
And En5ider of course.

I have a copy, and have used, Mithgarthr Entertainment's Stonefast, a mini adventure converted to 5e. The product, however, was offered for free by Mithgarthr (and I don't mean PWYW, they put it out for free). I haven't picked up anything from the Guild.

I'm waiting for, and would purchase, good quality 5e adventures published by a 3P, preferably short ones that came complete with maps and OGL-compliant monster and NPC stats.

Nod_Hero

Explorer
Frog God Games, Dan Hass Endeavors, Dan Coleman Productions have all seen some of my money.
I'll usually pay $.00 for a "Pay What You Want" product and then if I like it, I'll go back and donate an actual amount.

Remove ads