Insight's Dark Sun: Burning Sands Campaign [OOC]

Insight

Adventurer
Yes, everyone please wait for the map. I've been busy getting ready for holiday guests and such, so I haven't been able to get around creating it. I'll have it ready soon.

Shayuri

First Post
I am a little confused by the map. The creatures are coming from behind us? Or are most of the PC's already on the far side of the rocks, and the creatures are ahead of us?

Insight

Adventurer
I am a little confused by the map. The creatures are coming from behind us? Or are most of the PC's already on the far side of the rocks, and the creatures are ahead of us?

Where it says "To Outside" at the bottom means outside of the Mine Shaft. Your characters are coming from that direction.

Hopefully that will help you get your bearings.

Shayuri

First Post
From that it looks like Amica is on top of the rubble, and Zinmo's still at the bottom? I thought those positions were reversed. Ami missed her first climb roll, and Zinmo, last I heard, was on top of the pile of rubble because he missed his second.

Or am I misunderstanding where the rubble is? But in that case, how did Amica get all the way over before Zin?

Insight

Adventurer
From that it looks like Amica is on top of the rubble, and Zinmo's still at the bottom? I thought those positions were reversed. Ami missed her first climb roll, and Zinmo, last I heard, was on top of the pile of rubble because he missed his second.

Or am I misunderstanding where the rubble is? But in that case, how did Amica get all the way over before Zin?

All of the PCs are on the other side of the rubble except Zimno. The reasoning is that it's harder to scramble down the rubble than climb up. Unless you don't care about falling and breaking your face, but I assumed people didn't want to do that. So, when you roll your Athletics check to climb UP, it might take longer unless you're "athletic" and/or find a good way up. Getting DOWN is less a matter of speed and more a matter of safety. If you fail the check to get down, your character is still trying to figure out how to get down. Zimno will be down with the rest of you next round, assuming he wants to come down.

Remember, this is all happening in 6 seconds. Trying to completely get over a high pile of jagged rubble is quite a feat in that amount of time.

Shayuri

First Post
Okay. Thanks for the clairification. Mostly I just wanted to make sure I understood where we all were. I'm not sure I completely get why Amica got all the way over with one roll, while Zin got stuck at the top with one roll...but that's a very small matter in the big picture of things, and I'm very willing to let that be one of life's little mysteries. :)

Now...to unleash some kind of horror upon our enemies. Rar!

Insight

Adventurer
I'm going to be unable to post for the majority of next week due to a business trip. I'll try to at least get the current combat round finalized before then.

Insight

Adventurer
I'd like to apologize for the recent delays in updating this game. I've been away from home on a business trip and only recently returned.

I started a new job last week and it may not provide me as much time as I used to have to post on these boards. I'm lucky in that this is the day before a company holiday, so most folks are already gone (mentally or otherwise). I don't know how often this will happen.

Chances are that I may need to put this game on hold or possibly drop it altogether. I'll have to take an assessment once my workload increases to a normal capacity and see how much free time I'm going to have.

Remove ads