Insight's Dark Sun: Burning Sands Campaign [OOC]

Insight

Adventurer
Are current HP fine (as I've done w/ Zimno), or do you want the values healed?

When you use a power or ability to heal yourself, put something like:
Healing Word: Heals 7 damage.

Or if you're healing someone else, the healer should put:
Healing Word on Zimno: Zimno heals for 6 + Surge Value

(Or if you really want to help out, look up Zimno's healing surge value and put the total amount).

Then on Zimno's turn, he would put:
* Zimno heals for 19 damage from Korg's Healing Word *

Also, it would be cool if people put their current HP versus max HP in their post somewhere. For example:

Zimno (23/31 HP): I do this.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Anyway. Can the creature in the tank be targeted, or does the tank break line of effect?

Yes, the creature can be targeted. The tank provides cover only if you are adjacent to it. (Melee types take note, although it hasn't affected anyone yet)

Would a burst effect originating in the air over the tank affect the creature (to the best of Amica's knowledge based on what she percieves, of course)?

Is anyone else adjacent to the tank who might be included in such a burst? Since I've seen melee attacks, I -assume- the answer to that is yes, but I'll ask just to make sure.

Yes. Right now, only Zimno is IN the tank. If it was a Burst 1, centered on the THING, it would target Zimno and the THING. If it was a Burst 2, it would affect everyone in the tent, which is now everyone.

Also, the Psionic Power update -finally- went through! Yay!

Looking forward to it!

drothgery

First Post
It doesn't matter this round because the ENWorld dice roller hates Brandis (in two attack rolls, he's rolled a 2 and a 1), but I was wondering if I could get a ruling on how a couple of feats interact...

Brandis has these:

Killing Curse

Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Warlock, Warlock’s Curse class feature
Benefit: The extra damage dice from your Warlock’s Curse class feature increase from d6s to d8s.
(from Dragon 384)

and

Mindbite Scorn
Prerequiste: Warlock, Warlock's Curse class feature, sorcerer-king pact
Benefit: Your Warlock's Curse extra damage increases by 1d6, and this additional damage is psychic

So does that mean Brandis does an extra 1d8+1d6 damage to targets he's cursed, or an extra 2d8 damage?

Insight

Adventurer
It doesn't matter this round because the ENWorld dice roller hates Brandis (in two attack rolls, he's rolled a 2 and a 1), but I was wondering if I could get a ruling on how a couple of feats interact...

Brandis has these:

Killing Curse

Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Warlock, Warlock’s Curse class feature
Benefit: The extra damage dice from your Warlock’s Curse class feature increase from d6s to d8s.
(from Dragon 384)

and

Mindbite Scorn
Prerequiste: Warlock, Warlock's Curse class feature, sorcerer-king pact
Benefit: Your Warlock's Curse extra damage increases by 1d6, and this additional damage is psychic

So does that mean Brandis does an extra 1d8+1d6 damage to targets he's cursed, or an extra 2d8 damage?

The latter. With those two feats, your curse damage would be 2d8.

My ruling is based on the wording of Killing Curse, which states, "The extra damage dice from your Warlock’s Curse class feature increase from d6s to d8s." To me, the extra die from Mindbite Scorn adds into your "extra damage dice" from that class feature.

Insight

Adventurer
Round Nine is now up. Please note the change in the situation. You may wish to change whatever action you may have already posted. In addition, everyone will need to start making Endurance checks again.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Still waiting to see if some players wish to change their posted actions. I'll give it until tomorrow night before using the previously posted actions and rolling Endurance checks for them.

Insight

Adventurer
Thanks for posting updated actions, drothgery and Shayuri. We're now waiting on stonegod, who is on the road as of his last post. I'm going to give him until Monday to change his post or post a new action. If he hasn't posted by Monday evening my time, I will use his stated actions as best I can.

Insight

Adventurer
Round Nine is complete. I do not expect any more "combat", but we will keep in rounds until the characters are no longer making Endurance checks. The current "encounter" will end at that point.

Insight

Adventurer
Distracting Flare has posted that he is going on an extended leave of absence. For this reason, Kesh will be vanishing into the ether for some period of time. I'm planning to allow DF to return to the game if he so wishes.

Remove ads