• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) IR Interlude Turn 6 - Turn 7 (thread 3)

William Ronald

Explorer
Hi, Forrester:

Edena is the moderator and DM, so his rulings stand. There is a lot of radiation around. That can even be cleared up with extended use of 10th level magic. However, the sunblasts were equal in power -- including radiation -- to 100 megaton to 1,000 megaton nuclear devices. (Possibly Angels can only take so much damage.)

The damage you caused made the map unrecognizable. Again, another ruling from Edena. We can use 11th level magic to repair the damage. When the new turn starts.

Forrester, I hope you did not view any of my posts as a personal attack. One of your sunbombs destroyed Hazen's army. I have read the previous IRs. Admit it. You would have been a little upset with someone causing collateral damage on your forces.

Also, you did not explain your actions. You merely said that you destroyed the army and that the Oerthers were a bunch of whining mules. Not the sort of things to say to an ally who just lost his army and has seen massive environmental damage.

Forrester, I like you as a person and respect you. I would be happy if you came back. Hazen has stated that he hopes your character is well. He might even be capable of forgiving you for bombing his army.

I know you think this is silly. However, you have stated in the Second IR that Edena was the DM. You stated this when Lord Melkor was doing various things.

I would like you to consider returning. If you are not happy with how the humanoids are being portrayed, let Edena know. However, you would have a much bigger voice as a participant in the IR.

No one is attacking YOU. However, you have to admit that if Reprisal had nuked your humanoids while you were fighting the illithid you would be a bit annoyed.

Also, the humanoids of Oerth are doing well. Many are honored members of the Kevellond League and other Oerth Alliance nations. Some have been transformed into Red Armada creatures by Melkor and Tokiwong.

The humanoids of Toril are apparently doing well as well. I hope you are not accusing Edena of bias because you left the IR. See what he wrote after you left. I believe he sincerely would like you back in the IR and is not trying to use the Humanoids on Toril to get at you.

Forrester, regardless of whether you come back or not, I wish you well. You are an excellent role player and a brilliant tactician.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Hey Forrester,

I won't bull*%#$ you. I don't know you at all. You were always the Goku and I was always a Supreme Ki (Shen, not one of the Grand Ki). I would look over my shoulder and whisper to myself "Is he really that powerful? How can this be?"

You do get the anology, right?

Everything that is blown up on Oerth can eventually be repaired or substituted. In an OOC way I don't care that you totally annihilated the planet to rid it of Red Goo. Hell, it worked didn't it?

I won't beg you to come back into an IR that continues to present new and impossible opponents constantly for the sake of "entertainment." I just want you back here because the excuses for why Forrester is gone are fake. They don't seem real, they don't have a feel to them. They are fake. They are not the IR. They are not the story.

You understand what I mean? Filling in a Plot hole is an anti-motivation factor.

Get back, send in a template, and post once per thread. Thats not difficult. Ignore the nuisance if you want. Hell, post as if you are ignoring everything that is happening if you don't agree with it. Just say what ever the hell you think you should say.

Example:

Edena: "Toril is being burned by the Union of Oerth and there new ally: The entire multi-verse!"

Forrester: "Sitting down at a table eating brunch with Anabster and using the recently enslaved Elf, Sanctus Punitor's, bones as a spoon."

Am I coherent? Hell I don't know.

Mr. Draco

First Post
creamsteak said:
Edena: "Toril is being burned by the Union of Oerth and there new ally: The entire multi-verse!"

That would be nice. Well, would the entire multi-verse like to ally with the Union of Oerth? Somehow i don't think so...

William Ronald

Explorer
Mr. Draco:

Has the Union rid itself of all Red Steel? If people work together to heal Oerth, we can keep this IR from going to Ravenloft. The fate of the IR depends on its players.

****************************************************A reporter from the Pomarj Press (got the name from Bugbear) asks Gwilym Raonul a question:

"What is your personal reaction to the fighting in the World Forum on Toril?"

Gwilym frowns, and speaks.

"It is tragic. The World Forum was founded on Toril to promote peace after devastating wars. Many Torillians gave their lives for the peace of their world."

"I believe some of the statements made today were meant to be inflammatory. The Eternal Empire is allied with Iuz, after all. The same Iuz who called the Red Armada to Oerth. The same Iuz who went from being a foe of Melkor - the Shade did poison parts of Iuz's empire with shadow stuff and the Red Waste - to a friend."

"I hope that the fighting ceases. I believe that the delegates would best honor the memories of those who died for Toril by not fighting. They can work for peace."

"As for the statements about President Forrester, I have no evidence that he bears ill will towards the elven peoples. Forrester is missing. I hope that one day he returns and explains his actions on Oerth. I will say that I believe he loves Toril more than his own life. However, until he explains himself, we can only speculate on his motives for his actions on Oerth."

"It is sad to see what so many fought and died for coming apart at the seams. I would like to believe Forrester would try to save the United Commonwealth of Toril if he returned."

"I must go to the Peace Conference. I pray that Hazen will arrive soon. I ask that the people of Oerth pray for peace on Toril. We can restore our worlds if we work together. I believe our destinies are linked."

"Also, I would like to invite a few people I met during my visit on Toril as witnesses to the peace conference. The invitations have been sent. I hope they will arrive. I have asked them to be available to the press of Oerth and Toril for their opinions on the conference and recent events."

Edena: Gwilym will respond to any additional questions. He is being courteous to the press and makes sure that they have copies of Hazen's statement. As well as written press releases on the situation on Oerth and Toril.

William Ronald

Explorer
Gwilym Raonul addresses the press.

"Perhaps you can speak with Lord Kalanyr about having some of your own readers as witnesses to the conference. While I won't reveal my guests until they arrive, I will tell you that they do subscribe to several Torillian papers."

"Inviting some of your readers, listeners, and viewers might be a good idea. In the end, they are your audience and customers. An editor I meet on Toril said that he considers his readers to be his ultimate employer. "Who do I work for? The person who spends money on my paper and reads it. If I don't treat my readers with respect, I will lose them. And should."

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC- Well since we don't even get to open our own conference and have the entire point of holding it in an interlude removed I may as well make the best of it. (Weapons are confiscated at the door. The entire conference room is under an antimagic shell. May not mess with Demigods or greater but at least it will stop some mass death.)

(If we can hold this place on Common Ground we will do so, they have the funny feeling only Gods can actually get there. Hmm some of the PCs have a measure of divinity (Chosen,Avatars and Gods).)

Kalanyr stands, a golden glow shining from him and a sense of hope radiating from him in all directions. He stands and bows to all in attendace.

"Welcome, representatives and media personal of Athas,Dreipner,Mystara,Krynn,Oerth,Toril, The Astral Plane and other places throughout the Multiverse. to this Conference. It gives me great honour to formally open this conference to all.

Feel free to ask questions and settle important issues that is the reason why the Coalition of Light and Shadow and the People of Ishtarland have decided to hold this meeting.

Key topics that I suggest people pay attention to is the Blight known as Red Goo and the baneful attentions of the Mists of Ravenloft.

It is my belief that as Red Goo is an unnatural corruption of the worlds brought on by the hatred and death that was wrought it should be cleansed as soon as possible and I will be doing everything in my power to see to it.

We have all heard of Ravenloft and the baneful beings who rule it the Dark Powers, however it is my theory the Dark Powers are similar to the Red Goo and the fiends they are merely the hatred, darkness and evil inside all beings, while such things persist they cannot be defeated but if steps were taken against such hatred they would be weakened.

That is the reason for this meeting to resolve our conflicts without pulling us all into Ravenloft or strengthening the scourge that is the red goo."

Kalabyr resumes his seat and waits for others to speak.

Press Meeting (Edena is free to change or add to the questions the Media ask. I'd make this a speech but such formal preparation seems decidely out of character for Kalanr)

(Media is in Purple, Kalanyr is in gold)

(Oh yeah Kal has a Charisma of 100 not quiet as good as Anab while Psychofeedbacked but reasonably impressive I believe.)

"Firstly I wish to formally welcome you to Ishtarland and wish you well during your attendence. I will answer any questions you put forward to me with honesty. Ask what you will and I will answer."

"What is the purpose of the meeting that is being held?"

"To attempt to resolve our differences peacefully and with no bloodshed. Also to come to a resolution about what to do about the Mists and the Red Goo that plague us all."

"There is a rumour that you still serve the Powers of Evil and your apparent change is merely a hoax is there any truth to these rumours

Kalanyr looks somewhat outraged at this but still answers
"There is no proof at all in any of those statements. If you would like proof observe, the spells my priests are granted, a power of darkness cannot grant spells of Good."

"What is your relation with Siobhan the head of the Coalition of Light and Shadows? It is publicly knowledge there is something going on but we want to know in detail."

"Yes, we have a relationship I hope to maintain but I fail to see how our private lives are your concern. I do not pry into your life and would appreciate the favour being returned.

"We have heard you have priests in various places spreading discord in the local religious institutions, what do you have to say to that?"

" I do indeed have priests on other worlds seeking followers but they do not spread discord and indeed do not compete with dieties of a similar nature to me for followers. I would be less than what I am if I did not try to redeem followers of the power of Evils as they try to corrupt my followers."

(I've run out of questions if someone wants to add some Media representatives would ask they can feel free (this goes especially for Melkor and Iuz who no doubt have reporters paid to ask me the most embarrasing questions possible))

OOC-(When this conference is going to close could you give me 24 hours notice if possible Edena, I have something In Character to do just before it closes.)

Last edited:

Gurdjieff

First Post
Yay!

With a swift stroke, Angelika removes the dust from her robe. "You see, my friends, what we have done here can be done on a much larger scale. Remember what happened to our homes? Remember how they looked only a little while ago? Oerth hasn't abandoned us. Oerth has helped us, even though it is in pain. Oerth noticed us. Oerth gave us strenght. Oerth gave it's blood, which made us survive."
With small steps she walks up to an altar, covered with bushes, overgrown by green. Flowers bloomish, animals cuddle their young. Humanoids of every kind follow Angelika as she steps up to the altar, and they wait when she turns around to speak to them again.
"Our ally, Hazen, is in trouble. He is in pain, in pain with himself. There is nothing we can do to help him at this point, nothing. He must do what is good, what is right. And he must do this alone. The only thing we can do, is pray. Pray that he does the thing his hart tells him to. Pray that he doesn't think what he should do, yet sense it. I trust him. Now, let us pray."
Angelika starts the prayer, her people following her as she speaks. Angelika knows Hazen is in deeper than she has said, and he might not be able to get back. She shivers as she thinks of what could happen to the powers of good if even Hazen can not resist the force of evil. She shakes her head, reopening her eyes.
"Now my people, go back to your jobs. We shall soon make our move. It is now my task to speak to the world, and I shall do this soon. But this isn't my first priority. Go now, I will soon inform you on what we will do.
As her people move back from the altar, Angelika walks towards her chambers.

"So, you are sure you're taking this step?"
"Yes, I have to. I hope you and your army can help me. My own people will not be able to resist it. I already sense the fear in them, they doubt my words. I need proof. I need to show that my words aren't just words. I will go soon. I cannot order you to follow me, as I will not force anyone into a possible death."
"We shall follow you Angelika. We have chosen to follow you before, we shall do it again. I sense your worries for your people, for Oerth. It is true. The Angels shall follow. We will equip ourselves soon. Have you spoken to your people about this?"
"Not yet. They don't know what my plans are, yet they might have a clue. I mustn't delay to much. They must be moved from this place, as it doesn't seem safe anymore. They will be safe in our hiding worlds. I do believe in Oerth, yet I do not trust everyone on it. Oerth must be cleansed and that is what we shall do. I will only need you and my mages, who indeed know what's going on."
"Alright Angelika, you have made your choice. I will inform the rest of my kind. We will be ready to move out when you are."
"Good. Now, I must speak to the press. They are waiting in the darkness. I shall enlighten them. May the light shine on you!"

"I will now answer your questions," Angelika speaks to a man.
"Good." He takes out something to write on and is ready to make notes. "What do you think of the fighting in the world forum on Toril?"
"It is a shame. It seems that people are provoked very easy lately. It might have to do with everything that has happned, yet I do not think that is true. I think it is in every person, every creature of any given race, to be tempted to their own personal interests. Lord Forrester was wanted, no, he was needed! He helped, maybe not the way expected, yet he helped. He cannot be blamed for that. What he can be blamed for is vanishing into thin air. Noone knows where he went, as far as I know. We, the people on Oerth, do not blame him for what he has done. Without him, Oerth would have been destroyed by the Red Armada. The damage done to Oerth can be restored. And that will happen, soon."

"Ehm, let me see...." The reporter looks through his notes, looking for something Angelika did not yet answer. "Ah, yes, here it is. What do you hope to achieve at the Peace Conference?"
Angelika smiles. "Nothing. I will not attend. Peace can be said in words, yet deeds make the peace. Members of the Oerth Alliance will be there, so there is no direct need for me to be there. Goodness can't be forced. It must come from within. Since the Blessing, we no longer fear the Army of Evil. Now, if you will excuse me, I think I've said enough for today. Goodday sir."

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Hazen's Triumph

Hazen wrote:

Out of the Darkness and into the Light

Edena, Hazen was seeking a way to stop the Dark Powers and it seemed logical to find their location and try to find a way to keep them away from Oerth and the other worlds.
Sorry I did not post earlier, but the boards were down.

Sometimes to fight evil, you must confront it on its own ground. Here is a post that I worked on writing while the boards were down.

The background shimmers, and Hazen appearing as a mortal man appears. Surrounded by the dark powers, speaks:

(rest of article is over on page one.)

- - -

RULING:

It is sufficient.

Words are only words. Actions speak much louder.
However, Hazen has lived the words he spoke, throughout the entire IR.
Hazen has repeatedly proven through his actions, his deeds, that he truly believes the words he spoke.

Because of this, the red cloaked Hazen cannot withstand them. Neither can the darkness in Hazen's own heart.
The Dark Power falls back, flinging up it's hands defensively, unable to withstand Hazen's words, unable to tolerate the repudiation.
The monsters that were savaging Hazen fall back, snarling, then they whimper and cower back further, then they shriek and turn tail, running back into the dark.

The red robe Hazen speaks bitterly:

You stand strong in your righteousness, and you reject me.
But know that I will always be here, for I am you.
I am you, and you will never rid yourself of me.
We will see how long your righteousness and altruism stands, when your enemies take you, and you face a final ending at their hands!
Then we will see if you reject me.
Then we will see if you do not call on me, for I can give you the strength to save yourself.
We will see ...
We will see ...

Still saying that over and over, the figure becomes blurred, then misty, then fades away.
The darkness around Hazen becomes a misty grey, in which blurred objects are visible.
The blurring slowly lessens, objects appear sharper and sharper.
Then Hazen realizes that he is back.
He has reawakened, and is sitting in the chair; the Angel is smiling warmly at him.
I am guessing Alzem is standing there too, also beaming.

Congratulations, William. Now, Hazen knows what the Dark Powers are.
They are Hazen ... and Alzem, and Kalanyr, and Kessel GnomeWorks, and Melkor, Iuz, Rajaat, Mina, and Erika Lesage, and Zouron, and all the rest.
But Darkness is not the whole truth ... one can always repudiate the Darkness, and turn to the Light.

Hazen gains an appreciable number of levels, and a fair amount of power, out of this experience.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
If Kalanyr knows what has happened to Hazen:

Kalanyr sits in the conference thoughts streaming through his head.

(The Archcleric was a good and noble man, but there are some places that are dangerous even for he. The darkness that lays in every soul is a powerful force. It was the stuff of my essence for untold centuries until I saw .... Now is not the time for that thought. But if fiends can rise and celestials fall then there is hope for Hazen for it shows that Evil is not indefeatable. My prayers go with you my friend.)

Remove ads