LOST: Season 3 Episode 3 ***SPOILERS***

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
TogaMario said:
Ok, did anyone else notice that Locke was involved with a large commune of pot farmers?

Yes, I think we all did. And as I said it seemed out of character for him and he must have really bottomed out after the break up with Helen.

So, based on the vision, do Claire and Charlie break it up and break it off.

occam

Adventurer
JoeBlank said:
Desmond has predicted the future before. He told Jack that the surgery on the woman who eventually becomes his wife would work. I think this was when Jack first met him, when he was running up and down the stairs in a stadium.

Ah, right. My wife brought that one up, too. It's like he knows about certain things that haven't yet happened, as if he's read about them or something, but he obviously doesn't have perfect future knowledge.

Taelorn76

First Post
The Grumpy Celt said:
So, based on the vision, do Claire and Charlie break it up and break it off.

I thought the scene durring the vision showed them together and playing with the baby like a family? :confused:

bodhi

First Post
Aaron2 said:
This has been my main compaint with the show for a long time. These guys are hanging out at the beach, all day every day with nothing to do, yet they never seem to talk to each other about all the wierd stuff that happens. Nobody went to the hatch, nobody tried to find Locke or Mr. Eko (I'd expect Bernard to at least care). Then Hurley shows up and no one bothers to ask him what happened.
Yeah. The Losties suck to be stranded on an island with. They still have no defenses, and I bet they're still not even posting nightly watches.

So we've got a handful of PCs who do interesting things, and a bunch of NPCs who only exist as plot points.

bodhi

First Post
Sir Brennen said:
Though for a show which claims that the goings-on of the island are all scientifically plausible, there was an awful lot of mystic/psychic events happening in this episode.
Maybe the writers only have the average American understanding of science, and not the gamer geek understanding. :)

Crothian

First Post
bodhi said:
Maybe the writers only have the average American understanding of science, and not the gamer geek understanding. :)

Writers I know though do research. It is not like such research would be hard.

bodhi

First Post
occam said:
I don't think so. He mentioned Locke's upcoming speech as if it were a fact he knew, not something he had seen in a vision or somesuch.
Desmond mentions the speech, Charlie's confused, Desmond makes the lame cover, and my immediate thought is "oh, that hasn't happened yet". What I find more interesting than Desmond knowing the future is why he's trying to hide it.

occam said:
As if someone had gone back to the year 1863 and made comments about the Gettysburg Address before it happened, which most Americans-- er, many Amer-- uh, some Americans could quote, at least in part.
I bet a lot more Americans could google it and copy & paste. Which I find disappointing, but unsurprising (since I certainly couldn't quote the whole Address).

Remove ads