(OT?) Here Comes Indiana Jones!

Sulimo

First Post
Praise the Maker. These are the films that I've wanted on DVD more than pretty much any other. Even the original Star Wars trilogy.

fba827

Adventurer
Ah -- I can hear it now:

Willie: "Oh my god oh my god, is he nuts?"

Short Round: "He no nuts, he crazy"

:D

I'm as giddy as a school girl thinking about it :)

kingpaul

First Post
John Crichton said:
Sweeeeeeeeeeet. I've been holding off on watching my VHS versions for years so these films can be fresh again. :D
::chuckle::
I've not watched Raiders since Rhys-Davies signed it @ Origins last year.

WizarDru

Adventurer
Hopefully they don't engage in that renaming nonsense that Lucas seems obsessed with.

To me, it will always be "Raiders of the Lost Ark." NOT "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark."

Same thing with 'Star Wars'. It's not 'Episode 4'. It's not 'A New Hope'. It's 'Star Wars', by gum, and stop trying to rewrite my childhood, thankyouverymuch. :)

Still and all, Indy on DVD will be much welcomed.

CypherSmith

First Post
Same thing with 'Star Wars'. It's not 'Episode 4'. It's not 'A New Hope'. It's 'Star Wars', by gum, and stop trying to rewrite my childhood, thankyouverymuch.

It was always 'A New Hope'. I remember that specifically from the movie, when I saw it in the theaters way back when. Of course, I always referred to it as 'Star Wars', but I was enough of a geek to remember that it was Episode 4, though I didn't always remember 'A New Hope'.

WizarDru

Adventurer
CypherSmith said:
It was always 'A New Hope'. I remember that specifically from the movie, when I saw it in the theaters way back when. Of course, I always referred to it as 'Star Wars', but I was enough of a geek to remember that it was Episode 4, though I didn't always remember 'A New Hope'.

I know, but show me a movie poster that says that. No one ever thought of it as anything but star wars until Lucas made Episode I, and then he insisted on mucking about with the past. That kind of revisionism just bugs me. :rolleyes:

John Crichton

First Post
CypherSmith said:
I don't have a link but I seem to recall the Episode 4 thing being added after the movie first was released, later in it's run.

Anywho, I have no problems with the Indy name change. I always thought of it like that anyway. :)

Kai Lord

Hero
WizarDru said:
Hopefully they don't engage in that renaming nonsense that Lucas seems obsessed with.

To me, it will always be "Raiders of the Lost Ark." NOT "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark."

It will only say "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark" on the box art. The on-screen title in the actual film will stay the same as it has always been.

John Crichton

First Post
Kai Lord said:
Then you didn't see it when it was released in 1977.
That's actually the year I was born. LOL :)

But I have read (and my father has mentioned) that they added the subtitle when the movie was re-released in the early 80's (right before Empire?).

Remove ads