Quirky Food Habits

Katcracker

First Post
The only odd eating thing I do would be to always pick a bowl over a plate..... the closest explination I can give is that unlike so many people who divide thier food into groups I love to combine.

In my love of bowls, I even went to the point of making sure my new set of dishes included those bowls that are really, really shallow and wide but still have a rim like a bowl. It's my compromise :)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Infiniti2000 said:
That may be practical, but I need to be able to pour in the creamer to judge just the right color of the coffee. It's impossible to do that using your method. :)

Of course it is possible if you know the size of the cup and the proper amount of creamer. We have two basic sizes of coffee cups at our house. For the smaller ones I want glug, glug, dribble of half and half. For the larger ones it is glug, glug, glug, drip.

It's perfect every time.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Well, there's also the variation in the brewing. If the coffee is strong this morning, it requires more creamer (and more sugar). If it's weak, then less creamer. We grind the beans every morning, and sometimes if I'm a little too tired, I might hold down the button too long (creating stronger coffee) or not long enough. It's rarely exactly the same day in day out. ;)

reveal

Adventurer
Infiniti2000 said:
Well, there's also the variation in the brewing. If the coffee is strong this morning, it requires more creamer (and more sugar). If it's weak, then less creamer. We grind the beans every morning, and sometimes if I'm a little too tired, I might hold down the button too long (creating stronger coffee) or not long enough. It's rarely exactly the same day in day out. ;)

That sounds a lot like my sex life.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Infiniti2000 said:

We (meaning my wonderful wife who doesn't often drink coffee but makes it for me every day anyway) grind the beans every morning too. But I like strong coffee so they're always ground very fine so maybe I'm getting a more consistant brew.

Or maybe my innate laziness is overcoming the fact that I'm not terribly picky about how much creamer is in the coffee. ;)

Ambrus

Explorer
The only thing that regularly nets me looks of shock and disgust is that when I scoop myself a bowl of ice cream I put it in the microwave for 12-15 seconds before eating it.

The only reason is because I prefer soft ice cream rather than hard ice cream. Nuking it briefly is just a quick and easy way of softening it without melting it. Seems perfectly reasonable to me but people always look at me as if I'm from another planet. :uhoh:

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
If I'm eating cookies, crackers, or any similar snack food (not chips or the like), I always try to eat an even number of cookies. 2, 4, 6, as long as it's even. Odd numbers are bad luck. I think this stems from a book I read when I was little, called Jacob Two-Two meets the Hooded Fang, about a little boy who always says things twice. For some reason, I decided that I would only eat even numbers of things. When I was 7 or 8, I used to do it with EVERYTHING-pieces of cake, corn on the cob, hamburgers, what ever I could easily get an even number of without being obvious to everyone.

Wow. I used to do almost the exact same thing, except with just about everything. If I picked up a stick and broke it, I'd keep on breaking it until I thought a way to make it an even number. At first, it's one break, two pieces; I'd keep going, and usually I ended up with like, 3 breaks, 4 pieces, 1 pile of stick pieces makes 8, an even number. I was kind of obsessed with symmetry, too.

I guess I eat my Oreos strangely. I put an Oreo in my mouth and take a sip of milk and chew the Oreo up with the milk. I eat brownies like that, too.

Remove ads