What is on HM's mind...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well I have been thinking alot firstly about what I like most about pbp. And that has to be DMing. As the DM I get to throw a situation at the players go to work and come back and enjoy all the posts on how they try and handle it. So I am going to be running more games than I am going to be playing in.

Now I have dropped my last games so anyone who didn't get an I'm sorry I can't keep playing post, you will not recieve one. And again I am sorry to those of you whose games I had to drop out of, thanks for letting me be a small part of your fun here on EnWorld.

Now what am I going to be running (or trying to)? Well alot and some of this won't happen for a while as I will have alot to do to get it together, but be on the look out for the following:

War of the Burning Sky campaign - System Pathfinder (probably start after the new Advance Players Guide comes out)

Mini Campaign - City of the Spider Queen - System 3.5 (will run this from 10th lvl - 18th and it is a good game in the underdark)

Baldur's Gate II Shadows of Amn - System (should be 2e and if enough wish for that I could swing it) probably 3.5 though: This will have a central NPC character (the child of Bhaal) with everyone else playing the others throughout the game, like Minsc, Jaheria, Imoen and the others. Can't wait to see post in character like "Jump on my sword while you can evil. I won't be as gentle." :p

Serpent's Skull AP - System Pathfinder: I have been around the boards at paizo and this is a new AP starting and since it looks like it may be a while till the "New World" is ready in Living Pathfinder, this could get that type of adventuring out of my system. It had me at "The heroes are shipwrecked..." say no more.:D
EDIT: It seems I will be playing this AP when it comes out and to not ruin my fun or the groups I will probably not run this till we are way into the adventure. But till then I will run something swashbucklish (is that a real word?) - HM

And the two big ones (that will probably not start till end of the year)

Dragonlance War of the Lance - System homebrewed: I have now on the way all 12 adventures from the 80's and although few people may know this Dragonlance is my favorite setting and these adventures my most favorite to run.

Wheel of Time:pulled by Ta'veren - System Homebrewed: Something else you may not know about me but this is my favorite story series of books. I am thinking of a game where your characters are always around at key moments in the books. You start at Edmond's Field, end up at Falme and some how all the way to Tear. You will not be party to the events but to what goes on around you as they happen and the adventures that spin off by being Pulled by Ta'veren. I already have a title pretty cool huh?

Note on the Homebrewed System: I have in mind and am working on a 3e,4e,Pathfinder hybird gaming system, that will have it's own unique magic rules. It will not be to far off your basic d20 system I am pullling things from here and adding things from there. Basicly things I like from 4e and Pathfinder are getting added to a 3e base, the magic well that is another story and one for another day.

If your interested drop me a line as you see character gene and sources are not being discussed yet as I may leave that up to the players, it is working in the "Evil" game so far.

Have fun gaming hope to see you in a thread somewhere soon.

HM

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
I've got the Serpent's Skull on order, although up here in Canuckistan, it takes around 3-ish weeks to arrive :(

I love Dragonlance also (my introduction to the D&D worlds was the Dragons of X trilogy), but yet I hate those modules with a passion...weird right? A bit too railroad-y for my taste.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
I wouldn't mind going through the Dragonlance modules with either 2nd edition or 3.5. I'd even enjoy using the pregen characters. :D Sign me up for Tanis or maybe even Sturm.

possum

First Post
I'd definately find some time in my schedule to do a second edition Dragonlance. Like CM, I'm even up for using the premades as well.

Fenris

Adventurer
It's great that you figured out that you like DMing so much and are throwing yourself into it. It is DM's like you that keep this such an active community, so thank you.

You have a lot of interesting games coming up, I will be sure to keep an eye out for them.

Songdragon

Explorer
Heya HM... I would be up for pretty much anything Pathfinder. Love the system. And with summer upon us everything has slowed considerably. So the Serpent Skull and the WotBS (read up on it for another game and sounded cool).

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
No railroading in my games as long as you play in character. The first time I played the DL series Goldmoon died fighting the dragon and Riverwind rushed in picked up the staff and killed it. So he ended up a Ranger 5/Cleric 1 in the game. So I hope you will give it a try if you find the time. I will need about 10-12 players.

And two votes for 2e hmmm... it would be alot less converting for sure so will have to see on that one. And will use per-gens to start don't know what will happen after, as we had a Irda cleric/magic-user take over after Gilthanas and Elistan both went seperate ways from the main group in module 8.

Thanks Fenris I hope you will join one of the games, there maybe others but will be starting the easiest first as I see about the rest.

HB I goofed about the Serpent's Skull AP I can't DM that as I am going to be playing in it. My character is already made and we have been running a short pre-adventure as we wait for it. But I didn't know that Serpent's Skull was the AP the DM was talking about??

Swashbuckling and Pirates I could do for some of that me self. I think I may start something. Where there will be uncharted islands, sea monsters, and ship to ship combat. I will look for something or make it up on the fly. But be ready for it none the less and will use the PF system also.

thanks for the responds everyone and look forward to some fun in the near future.

HM

Fenris

Adventurer
Thanks Fenris I hope you will join one of the games, there maybe others but will be starting the easiest first as I see about the rest.

HB I goofed about the Serpent's Skull AP I can't DM that as I am going to be playing in it. My character is already made and we have been running a short pre-adventure as we wait for it. But I didn't know that Serpent's Skull was the AP the DM was talking about??

Swashbuckling and Pirates I could do for some of that me self. I think I may start something. Where there will be uncharted islands, sea monsters, and ship to ship combat. I will look for something or make it up on the fly. But be ready for it none the less and will use the PF system also.

thanks for the responds everyone and look forward to some fun in the near future.

HM

Ha! And here I was hoping to play in Serpent's Skull before I planned on running it as well :lol:

But if you do run a Swashbuckling and Pirates game I would be interested. And I know another poster on the boards, Queenie, loves pirate games and would love to play in one as well I am sure.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Then I say GAME ON!! :lol:

That would give us three And I will PM you and HB by the end of next week with an OOC link to start a little discussion. And will see who else we can get to "Come aboard!"

HM

Remove ads