berserker strength class feature and frenzied berserker.

Diomeneus

First Post
Do levels of frenzied berserker (CW) count towards the HP breaking point of the berserker strength feature of barbarian in PHBII? RAW pretty much says it doesn't but is there something I'm missing or would you allow that in your game regardless?

Starbuck_II

First Post
Do levels of frenzied berserker (CW) count towards the HP breaking point of the berserker strength feature of barbarian in PHBII? RAW pretty much says it doesn't but is there something I'm missing or would you allow that in your game regardless?

Nope. It requires only Base class levels (one drawback, plus 5/level is way too low. It isn't even 1/2 life but less than 1/2. 1/2 of 12 isn't 5).

But I'd totally allow FB to stack since Berserker Strength variant isn't that good on its own.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
I'd let Frenzy work on the times/day mechanic the class assumes, gaining new uses from feats or class levels of Frenzied Berserker. Frenzy could be entered without being in Berserker Strength mode, and would gain the extra benefits when BS triggered.

As far as stacking FB levels for the 5 hp per level threshold...I think they should have made it 5 per CHARACTER level to begin with. Or at least cut folks with racial HD some slack... I'd let FB levels stack, but only because I agree w/ Starbuck that BS is a crappy variant, not because it has any rules basis (and by RAW, there is none, AFAIK).

Diomeneus

First Post
thanks for the input.. I figured letting it stack (or just doing a "any levels" mechanic were more balanced... It isn't a weak ability, I played a goliath bersker strength (pure barb) once and the rage is awesome, mostly because as far as I know it doesn't end until you are healed. Also means frenzied always has to work as the x/day mechanic because you would never die if you couldn't drop out of a frenzy lol

Remove ads