[LPF] Uncertain Whereabouts

jbear

First Post
Relic winces as he lifts his arm to pat Daylily on the shoulder.

"Think no more of it Daylilly. I am just glad I am your friend and not your enemy. Forgive me for my current state that has left my senses newtered and my power weak beyond recognition. I think a vow of abstenance is in order."

Relic leans heavily on his staff while he watches how the scene plays out.

Qik

First Post
Arianna's search of the man lasts only a few seconds: the bulge beneath his shirt is easy enough to see. Reaching within it, and wincing as she brushes the man's clammy skin, she grasps the source of the bulge and withdraws her hand; what she finds causes her and the others to catch their breath a moment. The man's holy symbol is extraordinary: an elaborate ear fashioned from precious metals and inlaid with a spectacular array of gemstones. No stranger to expensive tastes, the item is nevertheless clearly one of the most expensive Arianna has ever seen.

In addition, Arianna also discovers a roll of parchment with a broken seal on the man. Unlearned in the ways of words herself, she passes it off to one of the others, who reads aloud from the elaborate cursive script.[sblock=Contents of Letter]Vestovian,

I am entrusting the care and the protection of the hallowed seeing deck to your hands; myself and the others feel that you have proven yourself worthy, and that the time has come to entrust you with such an important task. See if you can use the deck to learn more about those who pursue it.

Given the degree of prestige accompanying the nature of your assignment, I felt that a reward of equivalent import was merited. May The Ear serve you well; be safe, my student, from all who would oppose our ends.

May the Ears Hear All.

- Emerous[/sblock]

As Relic binds the unconscious man, Arianna makes her way over to the alter in search of the item they've been charged with finding. As she approaches the ornate platform, she is not disappointed: what appears to be the deck is mostly stacked to one side, with 9 or so cards laid out in elaborate figuration on the center of the alter. Strewn among these are gemstones, as well as two glistening spheres which, while possessing obvious cracks, still manage to stand out from the other stones to her perceptive eye; an impressive looking tome, lying open, completes the array. In addition to these finds, the merwoman also locates a variety of scrolls and other items of interest, which she calls the others over to have a look at.[sblock=OOC]Forgot to mention that the combat was worth 870 XP, or 174 apiece.

I don't mean to spoil the fun of discovery, but I figured at this point, it was easier just to include the nature of all the magical items you've found. In the interest of full disclosure, the necklace is intended for Arianna, should she be interested in accepting it.[sblock=Items] [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]- Scroll of Blood Transcription (150 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Scroll of Summon Minor Monster (25 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - War Paint of the Terrible Visage (100 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - MW Spear (302 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - The Outer Realms (MW item, +2 Knowledge (Planes)) (50 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Scroll of Vanish (25 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Scroll of Color Spray (25 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Scroll of Cause Fear (25 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Cracked Scarlet and Blue Sphere (+1 Competence Bonus for Know (Arcana)) (200 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Cracked Pink and Green Sphere (+1 Competence Bonus for Diplomacy) (200 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Gems worth 50 gp[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Elaborate Necklace worth 50 gp[/FONT]
[/sblock][/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Arianna's search of the man lasts only a few seconds: the bulge beneath his shirt is easy enough to see. Reaching within it, and wincing as she brushes the man's clammy skin, she grasps the source of the bulge and withdraws her hand; what she finds causes her and the others to catch their breath a moment. The man's holy symbol is extraordinary: an elaborate ear fashioned from precious metals and inlaid with a spectacular array of gemstones. No stranger to expensive tastes, the item is nevertheless clearly one of the most expensive Arianna has ever seen.

In addition, Arianna also discovers a roll of parchment with a broken seal on the man. Unlearned in the ways of words herself, she passes it off to one of the others, who reads aloud from the elaborate cursive script.[sblock=Contents of Letter]Vestovian,

I am entrusting the care and the protection of the hallowed seeing deck to your hands; myself and the others feel that you have proven yourself worthy, and that the time has come to entrust you with such an important task. See if you can use the deck to learn more about those who pursue it.

Given the degree of prestige accompanying the nature of your assignment, I felt that a reward of equivalent import was merited. May The Ear serve you well; be safe, my student, from all who would oppose our ends.

May the Ears Hear All.

- Emerous[/sblock]

As Relic binds the unconscious man, Arianna makes her way over to the alter in search of the item they've been charged with finding. As she approaches the ornate platform, she is not disappointed: what appears to be the deck is mostly stacked to one side, with 9 or so cards laid out in elaborate figuration on the center of the alter. Strewn among these are gemstones, as well as two glistening spheres which, while possessing obvious cracks, still manage to stand out from the other stones to her perceptive eye; an impressive looking tome, lying open, completes the array. In addition to these finds, the merwoman also locates a variety of scrolls and other items of interest, which she calls the others over to have a look at.[sblock=OOC]Forgot to mention that the combat was worth 870 XP, or 174 apiece.

I don't mean to spoil the fun of discovery, but I figured at this point, it was easier just to include the nature of all the magical items you've found. In the interest of full disclosure, the necklace is intended for Arianna, should she be interested in accepting it.[sblock=Items] [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]- Scroll of Blood Transcription (150 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Scroll of Summon Minor Monster (25 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - War Paint of the Terrible Visage (100 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - MW Spear (302 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - The Outer Realms (MW item, +2 Knowledge (Planes)) (50 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Scroll of Vanish (25 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Scroll of Color Spray (25 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Scroll of Cause Fear (25 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Cracked Scarlet and Blue Sphere (+1 Competence Bonus for Know (Arcana)) (200 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Cracked Pink and Green Sphere (+1 Competence Bonus for Diplomacy) (200 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Gems worth 50 gp[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Elaborate Necklace worth 50 gp[/FONT]
[/sblock][/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
The hafling stands back and watches taking in what has happened and the fact that she has almost died several times. She does manage to look over many of the items, showing little interest in many of the items discovered.

(( We found the deck, yes? ))

Satin Knights

First Post
"Grab all the things we found and we will take them to the gnome at the inn. I will carry this guy."
Arianna checks again to make sure Vestovian is alive and unconscious, and then hauls him up onto her shoulder. "Let's go, he's heavy."

[sblock=actions]Heal check, and then fireman carry the cleric.
Arianna is interested in the spear if it is a longspear, and the necklace.[/sblock]
[sblock=mini-stats]Arianna Mermaid ~ Perception +3, Sense Motive +2, Stealth +1, Low Light Vision
Base HP 17/0, AC 14, 12 T, 12 FF, Init +2
Current HP: 10
, Current AC: 14
CMB +0, CMD 12, Fort +3, Reflex +2, Will +6 . . Move 15'
Long Spear +0, d8 with 10' reach
Spear Gun +2, d8
Dagger +0, d4 or thrown +2, d4
Active Enhancements: -
In hand: none

Consumables: 39 spear gun bolts, 0 potions of Cure Light Wounds,
. . . . . . . . . . 4 days rations, 2 potions of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon

Spent: 100 gp of her 125 gp share of the fancy chest sale for the 2 LRE
Spent: 502 gp communal money on 10 CLW potions, holy symbol, prayer book
Summon Monster I: 7/day, 0 used
.Cantrips: unlimited Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Drench, Jolt
. Orisons: unlimited Stabilize, Guidance, Purify Food/Drink
1st Level: 2/day, 2 used Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon
1st Level: Memorized Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Longstrider(d)
Channel Positive Energy: 7/day, 4 used 1d6 healing

Beast ~ Perception +11, Sense Motive +2, 60' Darkvision and Low Light Vision
Base HP 17/11, AC 15, 11 T, 14 FF, Init +1
Current HP: 17/7, Current AC: 15
CMB +4, CMD 15, Fort +3, Reflex +1, Will +6 . . Move 30'
Claw/Claw +4, d4+3
Longspear +4, d8+4 with 10' reach
Spear Gun +2, d8
Dagger +4, d4+1 or thrown +2, d4+3
Active Enhancements: -
In hand: unconscious cleric [/sblock]

Qik

First Post
As Arianna slings the unconscious cleric over her shoulder, the others gather the spoils of their victory and follow her up the stairs and out into the streets. The group makes quite a sight traipsing through the Rannochian roads - a merwoman bound in a monstrous translucent skin, a barbarious elf covered in dried blood, and the others with their own wounds as well - and more than one local tough shies away from their path as they make their way to the tavern where Phedilo and the gnome are waiting.

The group is still a few doors up from the tavern entrance when door is thrown open, and the gnome appears. Spreading his arms wide, he says, "AHH! I see you've brought us someone to be held responsible for this mess. Did you find it? Did you find my deck?" [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Remove ads