D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Hrrunstar

Explorer
this should refer to the just previous bit of Green Flame Blade text as I have a warlock with pact blade who took this very cantrip at 1st level v2 beta 5

Was there an errata I missed? Because Green Flame blade should do only + ability modifier flame damage to an adjacent target at 1st - 4th level, only gaining +1d8 at 5th level or higher. Is there a limitation on what text to select based on level?

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
this should refer to the just previous bit of Green Flame Blade text as I have a warlock with pact blade who took this very cantrip at 1st level v2 beta 5

Was there an errata I missed? Because Green Flame blade should do only + ability modifier flame damage to an adjacent target at 1st - 4th level, only gaining +1d8 at 5th level or higher. Is there a limitation on what text to select based on level?

Bug found on spell, corrected on next build. Thanks for the feedback:)

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Version 2.00 Beta Build 6 Released!

Beta Build 6 Released!

Download here >> ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Most if not all bugs / issues reported have been fixed from the feedback received, so thank you everyone. Very much appreciate the feedback so keep it coming - need a lot of testing with this build! Nearing to the final release of v2.00! Once 2.00 is out of beta I can look to work on a few other features planned.

The cool stuff:
-All races from VGM have been added.
-Implemented the reset macro on the Start sheet which will reset the entire workbook except the custom sheet. Custom sheet will have its own reset (to be implemented).
-Implemented the import macro on the Start sheet which will import any character from Beta build 6 onwards. The entire workbook except the custom sheet will be imported (partial Adventurers Log at the moment). Custom sheet will have its own import button (to be implemented).
-Added link to Community FAQ on Start sheet
-Added additional 8 custom spells on custom sheet
-Add a few additional things for custom races, subclasses etc.
-Improve some images used in the tool for better quality
-Many other minor things and tweaks!

The cool stuff to come:
-All VGM beasts/monsters to be implemented
-Custom sheet macros for reset and import to be implemented (possibly an Export in the future, but not a priority now)
-All MM beasts/monsters to be implemented (e.g. zombies, skeletons, etc...)

If someone wants to help with data entry and who is Excel savvy shoot me a PM, I could use a hand.

Another note on translations. The file is a lot more translation friendly, I need some help with translations for all languages - check out the Translations file (I think many translations are not correct but good for a first pass). If you're willing to help with the translations, let me know in the forum and we can correct any issues. The printable character sheet is now available in V2.00 for all languages in the download section.

As always have fun!

Cheers
ForgedAnvil

Show your support, buy me a beer with
PayPal

Download the community FAQ here >>ForgedAnvil’s D&D 5E Character Generator v2.00 FAQ / Instructions for Use. Thanks to flwad
Take a moment and rate thisif you like it, thank you!

flwad

Explorer
Some Animals do not have actions evident. (Homunculus)

Selection drop-down non-operable on (2)Mount Override Armor.

2nd feat: ability score improvement does not show in Feats & Level Gains in Section 1 of Start.

Otherwise, good after rebuild

woodja

First Post
Can confirm that both the bugs I reported are now fixed - valor bard showing only 1 attack at level 5, the odd 4th level spells no longer showing on the Character Summary.

Awesome job FA :)

Conandar

Explorer
With the caveat that the character I imported was version beta 5 and you very clearly said that only beta 6 and forward are supported, these are some observations that may still have some debugging value.

Character is a half-orc 6 barbarian (berserker) / 3 fighter (champion) / 4 ranger (hunter)
Start page:
- subclass selections did not transfer, but all data relevant to said subclasses did transfer
- only the first of the 6 potential attacks transferred - this character uses all 6
Spellcasting:
- spells did not transfer at all (and the prepared selections didn't transfer, either) (ranger has 3 1st level spells)
Character Sheet I:
- Current hit point has two data fields (besides the temporary hit points area). The first is colored and is fairly obviously the area is intended for the current hit point total. Directly beneath that is another user-modifiable area whose use is not clear to me. (This is not new, and not really relevant to the transfer process...)
Character Sheet II:
- None of the equipment transferred: not the mundane, not the magical, not the attunable, and not the "not currently carried"
Character Sheet IV:
- I use a custom font point size to allow enough space for all information - the data is there, but the point size change is lost.
Character Sheet V:
- None of the notes on this sheet transferred.

Hope this is of some value. :)

SansMoins

Explorer
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but when you do ASI, it is not highlighting the level for that.

Human Variant Cleric 1/Wizard 9
Feats:
Human 1 Resilient (highlights)
Wizard 4 War Caster
Wizard 8 ASI (does not highlight)

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but when you do ASI, it is not highlighting the level for that.

Human Variant Cleric 1/Wizard 9
Feats:
Human 1 Resilient (highlights)
Wizard 4 War Caster
Wizard 8 ASI (does not highlight)

Hmm odd bug that was introduce, the cells and formatting where messed up. Thanks for the feedback, fixed in the next build.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
With the caveat that the character I imported was version beta 5 and you very clearly said that only beta 6 and forward are supported, these are some observations that may still have some debugging value.

Character is a half-orc 6 barbarian (berserker) / 3 fighter (champion) / 4 ranger (hunter)
Start page:
- subclass selections did not transfer, but all data relevant to said subclasses did transfer
- only the first of the 6 potential attacks transferred - this character uses all 6
Spellcasting:
- spells did not transfer at all (and the prepared selections didn't transfer, either) (ranger has 3 1st level spells)
Character Sheet I:
- Current hit point has two data fields (besides the temporary hit points area). The first is colored and is fairly obviously the area is intended for the current hit point total. Directly beneath that is another user-modifiable area whose use is not clear to me. (This is not new, and not really relevant to the transfer process...)
Character Sheet II:
- None of the equipment transferred: not the mundane, not the magical, not the attunable, and not the "not currently carried"
Character Sheet IV:
- I use a custom font point size to allow enough space for all information - the data is there, but the point size change is lost.
Character Sheet V:
- None of the notes on this sheet transferred.

Hope this is of some value. :)

Thanks for the feedback, beta 5 won't transfer 100%. I did spot one issue with the transfer and that is for CSV. The next build fixes it and it will work with beta 6 to transfer the content of CSV across.
For CSI the HitPoint field below the colored main value is another space that can be used for any purpose. As the Current HP area is sizable enough, I just added this (you might track some effect to HP in this field like poisoned for 3 rounds, taking 2d4 on failed save)
CSII should transfer with beta 6 to beta 6 file
For your CSIV issue with font sizes the text size will not carry over with the import, this will be a manual adjustment.

Remove ads