• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Orville Season Two - Thoughts?

Richards

Legend
Tonight was the premiere of the second season of "The Orville." What did everyone think?

I thought it was pretty good. I was glad to see Alara return, as I had heard rumors that she wouldn't be back this season and I really like her character.

I totally called the reason for Capt Mercer's sudden shuttle run, right before what I had guessed played out on screen.

And for "limited commercial interruption," they sure showed a lot of commercials! I guess they had the same number of breaks but not as many commercials in each break. It still seemed like we were going to commercial every 5 minutes or so, though.

It's moving to Thursdays after this initial Sunday premiere.

Johnathan

Ryujin

Legend
I very much enjoyed it. I think that they held off for 20 minutes before each of the first two commercial breaks. Same here on the shuttle flight :)

Alara was supposed to disappear somewhere around mid-season, based on the rumours.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I heard this episode was actually filmed with season 1, to be the season 1 ender, but they held it back to kickoff season 2. If that's right, Alara's presence in this episode is not strong evidence. :-/

Richards

Legend
Did anybody else notice Jason Alexander has joined the cast? He's the rhino-headed bartender. I recognized his voice at once, but it took me a moment to recall just whose voice it was. And then I realized it was George Costanza's (his character from Seinfeld) voice coming out of the rhino-alien's mouth. And sure enough, there was Jason Alexander's name in the opening credits.

Johnathan

Ryujin

Legend
Did anybody else notice Jason Alexander has joined the cast? He's the rhino-headed bartender. I recognized his voice at once, but it took me a moment to recall just whose voice it was. And then I realized it was George Costanza's (his character from Seinfeld) voice coming out of the rhino-alien's mouth. And sure enough, there was Jason Alexander's name in the opening credits.

Johnathan

I completely missed that. Good catch :)

I KNEW I recognised that voice, but couldn't place it!!

That was a decent episode. It was quiet and simple, focused on the characters and their relationships more than drama or space action. Which was a nice change of pace for a science fiction show, and works with the series.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Anyone else see the doctor and Isaac hooking up in the future? He already seems like a substitute father to her boys. She seems to be developing an attachment to him.

Jason Alexander is just a guest star I think. Maybe a recurring role like Norm McDonald or Bortis's mate.

Remove ads