New D&D Adventure Reveal On 17th May at 'The Descent'

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Pretty sure the angel figure is Zariel, especially given Tito's reaction on Twitter.

They focused rather heavily on Zariel's backstory in MToF, and the recent Lore You Should Know segment.

Since they finished the Ghosts of Saltmarsh previews in Lore You Should Know, they have covered the Rule of Three, Sigil, the Nine Hells and teased the Lady of pain. A pattern emerges...

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
I also think it may be about Zariel's Fall/Descent. Some random thoughts based on what is in MToF:

1. From her description before her statblock entry: "...many whisper that her true agenda is vengeance against Asmodeus, and her true plan is to drive him from the Nine Hells." Sets up a possible plot device/motivation.

2. More: "...Zariel is keenly interested in collecting souls from the greatest warriors on the Material Plane and securing their loyalty...she allows her mortal followers to live out their lives, ever honing their talents, so she can put them to the best use when she finally calls in their debts. As a result, Zariel's servants are universally effective, disciplined, and dangerous." Sets up the potential for minions/antagonists that the PC's encounter at lower levels...

3. From her statblock: Immolating Gaze. Perhaps somehow this power is linked to her when she was an angel, and hence the blindfold?

Could all be for naught, but fun to speculate.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I suspect we will have Into the Inferno (or some other name), starting with an FR-based adventure and ending as a delve into the Nine Hells.

The Glen

Legend
What modules are left in Greyhawk that involve the 9 Hells that they could easily convert to Forgotten Realms? That one would be the obvious choice.

I also think it may be about Zariel's Fall/Descent. Some random thoughts based on what is in MToF:

1. From her description before her statblock entry: "...many whisper that her true agenda is vengeance against Asmodeus, and her true plan is to drive him from the Nine Hells." Sets up a possible plot device/motivation.

2. More: "...Zariel is keenly interested in collecting souls from the greatest warriors on the Material Plane and securing their loyalty...she allows her mortal followers to live out their lives, ever honing their talents, so she can put them to the best use when she finally calls in their debts. As a result, Zariel's servants are universally effective, disciplined, and dangerous." Sets up the potential for minions/antagonists that the PC's encounter at lower levels...

3. From her statblock: Immolating Gaze. Perhaps somehow this power is linked to her when she was an angel, and hence the blindfold?

Could all be for naught, but fun to speculate.

Maybe in Realms mythology she was an angel in service to Tyr? Or we're reading to much into the Zariel thing, and it's another angel altogether who is dedicated to Tyr?

When it comes to blindfolds and divine powers, Tyr is the obvious match...

Last edited by a moderator:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The lovely kate welch said that this upcoming campaign book is the largest so far

Largest? I hope that doesn't mean they'll break the $49.99 price point. They are already expensive enough! (Speaking as the owner of a FLGS who doesn't have the benefit of pricing that a certain online purveyor owned by the richest man in history gets to enjoy).

Edit: Come to think of it, I wonder if they'll split it in two, with one book the main thrust of the story leading up to it, and the other being the Nine Hells in all their glory. (Similar to how Waterdeep had Dragon Heist to get you started, and then Undermountain)

... though I would expect it to be backwards level-split-wise, with a level 1-15 first arc, and a 15-20 Nine Hells.

Makes sense, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

May be more interesting if the PCs are said followers, finally having their debts called in.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases