EverQuest! The Khundrukar

Delusion

First Post
Autumn has fallen over the lands of Faydwer. The falling leaves on the trees all around you have a variety of shades of yellow, orange, red and brown. The heat of summer is all but forgotten, and for the first time of the year, you can see the steam from your breath.

As you continue north from Kaladim into the Buterblock Mountains on your several day journey to the now orc occupied Khundrukar, the many colored broadleafed trees gradually fade into brooding pine forests as you pass over mountains and through deep vales. The nights are cold as you and your newly acquainted party huddle round camp fires, and mornings are damp and foggy from the heavy morning dew. Many of the woodland creatures have entered their winter sleep, but you have seen a few white rabbits wandering about - a couple of which became meals for you and your party.

As you climb over yet another mountain on the seventh day of travel, you are relieved to see an odd looking mountain before you. The base of it is more like a tall, steep hill than a mountain, that rises to a prominent bare knob of rock resembling a large fang - the Stone Tooth. This is the landmark the dwarves told you of that would mark the location of the Glitterhame. A thin spire of smoke rises from some unseen point high on the hill's slopes, and you can make out a steep, narrow road or track that runs back and forth across the face of the mountainside - which should lead directly to the entrance of the fort according to the dwarves.

Voadam

Legend
"There's the Fang, the smoke says its occupied, looks like we found the Glitterhame." Voadam holds his hand up to shade his eyes as he scans the road, looking for evidence in the snow of whether it has been in use recently.

Delusion

First Post
Although there is snow on some of the high peaks of the taller mountains, the snow does not cover the ground entirely. You are currently standing on the side of a mountain and too far from the path, which begins about 150 yards in front of you down the mountainside, to discern any visible tracks.

WarShrike

First Post
Hearing Voadam's words, Xoranis feels the excitement of comming battles begin to warm his scales. "We have come far and seen no Orcses. Now, we approach their lair and still see none? I knows little of Orcses, there are none upon my homeland, but from what i have been told they are warriors of a sort. Poor warriors indeed they must be if they set no guards to watch over their realm." With that said, he studies the surrounding landscape. "Hsss. If i were an Orcses, where would i hide?"

[SBLOCK=Spot Check]1d20+6=23[/SBLOCK]

Arkhandus

First Post
Nielloryn, high elf paladin

Nielloryn casts a brief look to the Stone Tooth and the smoke rising from near its top, then takes the lead in approaching the trail that will lead to the Glitterhame. He draws his bow and opens his first quiver of arrows, ready to put an arrow to the string if he sees any potential enemies.

"Well, we ought seek the entrance and check that area for any threats, before heading in. I doubt the orcs have stationed any guards on other sides of the Stone Tooth," the Koada'Dal says before moving forward.

scranford

Explorer
Faryellin - High Elf Cleric

Taking a deep breath to determine if he smells any of the hated orcs in the air, Faryellin looks around the area. He quickly goes to one knee and gives thanks fo Tunare for their save arrival, and for blessing his party with the beauty of the voyage here. He glances briefly at the Paladin whom shares his love for Tunare, and gives silent thanks for his strong arm.

"Lead the way brave Nielloryn, and Tunare show you the path".

Caliber

Explorer
"Hmm. Yes, Orcs. I would not fret my scaly friend, Orcs are one of the lesser races. Strong they may be, but inestimably moronic as well. In fact, the lack of a forward guard does not suprise me at all.

With a sniff, Deeboo gathers his robes about him, moving forward to keep pace with Nielloryn.

Voadam

Legend
WarShrike said:
"We have come far and seen no Orcses. Now, we approach their lair and still see none? I knows little of Orcses, there are none upon my homeland, but from what i have been told they are warriors of a sort. Poor warriors indeed they must be if they set no guards to watch over their realm."

"They are strong and brutal warriors. I knew an orc woman who could pulverize stone with her bare hands. She could also outdrink me five times over."

Delusion

First Post
Nielloryn leads the party to the trail which, upon inspection, Voadam can discern that a party of four humanoids came down the trail within the last day and headed into the forest. It soon becomes apparent that Durgeddin's clan must have cut the path carefully to conceal its presence as much as possible, but much of it's natural cover of pine trees has already been chopped down, presumably by the orcs.

The path climbs up one last steep switchback toward a bare shoulder of rock. The hillside climbs steeply on your right and drops away precipitously on your left. Debris and rubbish lie scatted over the last 50 yards or so of the path - discarded waterskins, bits of charred bone, and splintered casks and kegs of Skunk Breath Ale, Underfoot Brown and other fine dwarven ales. Up ahead, the path opens onto a wide ledge and then doubles back sharply into the mountainside.

Xoranis stops the party from proceeding around the bend into the mountain when he spots two bestial humanoids in scale armor standing watch on the ledge - orcs! Upon inspecting them for a moment, it soon becomes apparent that they seem inattentive and bored with their duty.

Arkhandus

First Post
Nielloryn, high elf paladin of Tunare

Nielloryn halts and narrows his eyes for a moment, seeing the orcs only after the reptile points them out. He hesitates for a moment, reluctant to complement Xoranis, then whispers "....Good eye, iksar. I do not suppose you or another could climb the slope and launch a surprise attack, while the rest of us ready a ranged assault? Or perhaps you could push the orcs down to us, so we could more easily dispatch them? Unfortunately, some of us are incapable of a discreet approach...." The elf looks down pointedly at his heavy armor, adorned by emblems of Tunare and Felwithe.

Remove ads