2000-2009 Aging Badly?

Monty Python's The Life of Brian was banned, or rated X in most of Europe

What? Really? Why?

I mean, I can see it being banned in the UK because they ban everything and don't need a reason (for heaven's sake they even thought The Driller Killer was shocking and that's one of the most boring movies (no pun intended) that I've ever sat through) but I always got the impression that mainland Europe was generally more permissive.

and is now seen as one of the greatest things ever.

It's good. It's no Holy Grail though.

Arnwolf666

Adventurer
What? Really? Why?

I mean, I can see it being banned in the UK because they ban everything and don't need a reason (for heaven's sake they even thought The Driller Killer was shocking and that's one of the most boring movies I've ever sat through) but I always got the impression that mainland Europe was generally more permissive.

The life of Brian was more popular in Britain that the holy grail.

Zardnaar

Legend
What? Really? Why?

I mean, I can see it being banned in the UK because they ban everything and don't need a reason (for heaven's sake they even thought The Driller Killer was shocking and that's one of the most boring movies (no pun intended) that I've ever sat through) but I always got the impression that mainland Europe was generally more permissive.

Probably because of blasphemy laws.

That makes sense I guess. I suppose the entire world was pretty backwards until around the 1990's.

EDIT:
And not all of the 90's either. Now that I think of it, there was an actual literal witch trial in my country in 1991 in Oak Hill, Texas.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases