D&D (2024) 2024 Player's Handbook reveal: "New Sorcerer"

Staffan

Legend
OK, so:

• Main Iconic, Elf woman

View attachment 371592
Are you sure that's an elf? Looks more like a tiefling to me, with the horns being a bit odd-shaped. Particularly in light of this picture:
Art piece with iconic Elf Sorcerer and Rieflinf Bard:

View attachment 371597
They look like they could be family or something. I mean, she could be a drow I guess (if they're making them more purple/blue than black), but she looks more tieflingy to me.

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
Are you sure that's an elf? Looks more like a tiefling to me, with the horns being a bit odd-shaped. Particularly in light of this picture:

They look like they could be family or something. I mean, she could be a drow I guess (if they're making them more purple/blue than black), but she looks more tieflingy to me.
That is hair, not horns. She is colored like a Moon Elf.

I think the Elf Sorcerer and Tiefling Bard are related to each other, like siblings.

Okay, who's idea was the limit break super form? I'm not a fan.

As to still needing materials components: Eh, I homebrewed that out years ago.

Innate Focus: Due to your natural connection to the Weave, you may cast any spell while ignoring it's Material Components, unless said Components have a specific cost.

Basically just moved the component pouch from the "Equipment" field to the "Features" field. A simple change (that I wish was official).

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
I really wish they didn't double down so hard on Sorcerer being the dumb brute force mage.

I mean the dumb brute force mage would be the Sorcerer but there are more super powers than Blast and Bigger Blast.

I wish there were more highlight on being innately a trickster, a charmer, or a transformer. More spotlight on Metamagic that does more than deal damage.

But this looks like the best and clearest display of a natural arcane damage dealer in D&D's history
There's nothing that inherently forces you to be a blaster caster. Yes, you get advantage on Firebold (and Scorching Ray, and Disintegrate, and...), but you ALSO gain +1 to all Save DC's. That makes every spell type harder to resist. So you could be a fantastic Mind Mage or Enchanter.

Remove ads