D&D 5E 20th level Sorcerer vs the world

So he he has 60 CR 3 Magen, this means his maximum HP has been permanently reduced by 180 HP. According to original build, he killed himself casting Create Magen. Lets say he went with 59, this means with Aid and Inspired Leadership the most HP he can have at any given time is 62. Good to know.

8 (at level1)+19d6+38 of Sorcerer additional levels + 40 (tough feat) that's 19d6+86 = 114 (at most) + 86 = 105 to 200 HP, depending on rolls. Rolling 85 or more on 19d6 has a probability of 0.74%. That means that 99.26% of the HUN-HAT wannabees have lost by kiling themselves creating too many magens after misestimating their HP amount. I don't know what is more depressing, that there are people who would cast a life-depleting spell without checking first or that there are people who would say "mmmm, I long the life the HUN-HAT, never interacting with anyone, never seeing the ground from less than 40ft and having to stay in a private sanctum obscuring my view most of time..." and start creating their magen army.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
The Sorcerer knows the direction of his enemy.
Either run away or die.

Retriever:

View attachment 131242

It will destroy everything in its path, just as a Demigod does.
Lol, sure. The Wizard is far away. Once you have your bearing, you move at maximum "destroy everything" rate towards him. This will take months, provided the wizard doesn't teleport around a lot, leading you in random directions. In the meantime, you're not in your sanctums while rampaging and your retinue is now vulnerable to scrying again, enabling a lot of plans against you. Furthermore, you're likely to "destroy everything" through some populated lands, meaning the Wizard is gaining lots of allies to stop you (caused by your own actions, so fair game). By the time you're done weathering the defenses of the lands you rampage through, and a few aimed strikes by powerful adventurer parties hired to stop you (again, you've pissed off people with money), your magen army has been severely curtailed. Let's assume the core retinue is unharmed, though, but you're down a lot of Magen -- you can't kill an army fast enough, and they can hurl rocks, spells, and arrows back at you in the same range you can, so there's going to be casualties. Especially since you're creating an existential threat to the lands you pass through, so do or die will be a common reaction for soldiers protecting their loved ones and homes.

By the time you reach the Wizard, even if the Wizard doesn't move to attack you enroute, you're Sims will be very low on spell slots, you're out your Magen, which is really you only big punch, and the Wizard has had lots of time to prepare their battlefield.

The retriever plan is a stupid one, and it gets you killed.

The retriever can, given flat, unobstucted ground, make it about a kilometer towards the Wizard before de-summoning. How do you propose this works? Are you going to be moving your retinue 1 kilometer at a time closer to the Wizard for each summoning? This is definitely new information! You're going to be without you fortresses and temples and demi-planes if you're following this plan. I mean, you have a line of bearing (hint, hint), but you have no idea how far away the Wizard is, or what the Wizard looks like, or what the Wizard's abode looks like. If the Wizard travels at all, your line of bearing gets messed up as that day's Retriever heads in a new direction.

This plan is a mess of being unworkable, but you can follow it if you want -- it will eventually get you there, just with many days (weeks? months?) of travel away from the secret basement, er..., hideout.

I will pre-emptively remind everyone that the Summoning ability of the DMM simulacrum doesn't refresh without DM fiat. It can at most be cast once, forever. So he can't really cast every km, nor can't he even triangulate Alfred's position with two castings, even if he knew how to do that.

That and we established a new fact: the HUN-HAT is a psychopath. Whenever someone cast a Scrying at him, he will try to destroy everything in a straight line from it's current position in the general direction of the diviner. Do you think we can play Pong with the HUN-HAT? :D

Lets not forget there is a band of six 10th level murder hobos out there looking for the sorcerer, because someone told them he has a powerful magic item and are being paid 50,000GP each for its recovery. Since the sorcerer will be rampaging across the country side for several weeks, they have more than enough time to find him.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
I will pre-emptively remind everyone that the Summoning ability of the DMM simulacrum doesn't refresh without DM fiat. It can at most be cast once, forever. So he can't really cast every km, nor can't he even triangulate Alfred's position with two castings, even if he knew how to do that.

That and we established a new fact: the HUN-HAT is a psychopath. Whenever someone cast a Scrying at him, he will try to destroy everything in a straight line from it's current position in the general direction of the diviner. Do you think we can play Pong with the HUN-HAT? :D
Doh, that's right! Maybe this is a "DM pwease help me!" thing, though?

@Hohige

Brass Dragonborn War Cleric.

Feats are Lucky, Alert, Expert (Athletics), +2 Str, Resilient Con. Str 20, Wisdom 16, Con 14, Dex 14, dumped Int, Charisma.

Ill use Divine intervention while in my Permanent Temple of the Gods (which blocks any attempts by you to use divination magic to find me, and also blocks any attempt by you to plane shift to me in advance) on my Deities home plane of Celestia (automatically successful at 20th level), and then ask my God to Plane shift you while you're on the toilet to my location (alone), adjacent to me after I have cast AMF.

The Deities magic is not blocked by the AMF (Deities magic is excluded from AMF's) so you appear next to me, alone, and we roll initiative. We can assume the Deity (who has divine control of his realm, can safely put you next to me, and the save DC is sufficiently high coming from a Greater God that you cant pass the save)

Lets assume I'm also alone and none of my bound Planar and celestial allies are present. This is personal.

I have +7 to initiative (and a Lucky re-roll), plus you're almost certainly surprised to suddenly find yourself in Celestia halfway through doing a poo, so odds are I go first.

I grapple you (Athletics +17, Lucky re-roll) and proceed to wail on you (at +11) vs your AC of around (10+Dex) 12 or 13 (hitting with each attack). It'll be a bonus action attack the first Round (after I take the Attack thanks to my War Priest ability) dealing 3d8+5 Slashing damage.

Next round its two attacks dealing 4d8+10 total, as it will be the round after, then it's down to just the one attack per round.

You're highly unlikely to break the grapple (and even if you do, it takes an action, and there is little you can do seeing as Extraplanar travel is banned in the Temple to creatures that dont worship my God or my God, and I am in an AMF so am immune to all your spells), and sadly for you I'm also resistant to Lightning, and any Slashing, bludgeoning or piercing damage you might deal.

I have a ton more HP than you, a far better AC in my Full Plate, and deal much more damage than you.

We have a winner?

Hohige

Explorer
@Hohige

Feats are Lucky, Alert, Expert (Athletics), +2 Str, Resilient Con. Str 20, Wisdom 16, Con 14, Dex 14, dumped Int, Charisma.

Ill use Divine intervention while in my Permanent Temple of the Gods (which blocks any attempts by you to use divination magic to find me, and also blocks any attempt by you to plane shift to me in advance) on my Deities home plane of Celestia (automatically successful at 20th level), and then ask my God to Plane shift you while you're on the toilet to my location (alone), adjacent to me after I have cast AMF.

The Deities magic is not blocked by the AMF (Deities magic is excluded from AMF's) so you appear next to me, alone, and we roll initiative. We can assume the Deity (who has divine control of his realm, can safely put you next to me, and the save DC is sufficiently high coming from a Greater God that you cant pass the save)

Lets assume I'm also alone and none of my bound Planar and celestial allies are present. This is personal.

I have +7 to initiative (and a Lucky re-roll), plus you're almost certainly surprised to suddenly find yourself in Celestia halfway through doing a poo, so odds are I go first.

I grapple you (Athletics +17, Lucky re-roll) and proceed to wail on you (at +11) vs your AC of around (10+Dex) 12 or 13 (hitting with each attack). It'll be a bonus action attack the first Round (after I take the Attack thanks to my War Priest ability) dealing 3d8+5 Slashing damage.

Next round its two attacks dealing 4d8+10 total, as it will be the round after, then it's down to just the one attack per round.

You're highly unlikely to break the grapple (and even if you do, it takes an action, and there is little you can do seeing as Extraplanar travel is banned in the Temple to creatures that dont worship my God or my God, and I am in an AMF so am immune to all your spells), and sadly for you I'm also resistant to Lightning, and any Slashing, bludgeoning or piercing damage you might deal.

I have a ton more HP than you, a far better AC in my Full Plate, and deal much more damage than you.

We have a winner?
Will you be able to do anything other than Clear DM fiat effects like Wish / Divine Intervention or Infinite loops?

Hohige

Explorer
8 (at level1)+19d6+38 of Sorcerer additional levels + 40 (tough feat) that's 19d6+86 = 114 (at most) + 86 = 105 to 200 HP, depending on rolls. Rolling 85 or more on 19d6 has a probability of 0.74%. That means that 99.26% of the HUN-HAT wannabees have lost by kiling themselves creating too many magens after misestimating their HP amount. I don't know what is more depressing, that there are people who would cast a life-depleting spell without checking first or that there are people who would say "mmmm, I long the life the HUN-HAT, never interacting with anyone, never seeing the ground from less than 40ft and having to stay in a private sanctum obscuring my view most of time..." and start creating their magen army.

I don't know if you know, but you can choose to roll the dice or take the average d6 is 4. Then, 4 (Dice) + 3 (Con) + 2 (Tough) = 9 First level is 6 +3 +2 = 182 HP without any chance of going wrong.

Hohige

Explorer

I strongly disagree.
The only thing that the Simulacrum cannot regenerate is spells slots.
So, It's 1 / day ability.

I m
@Hohige

I can already see the defense against this strategy: HUN-HAT will claim to never go to the loo, and to be full of sh...

I was thinking that the HUN-HAT's quality of life has reached an absolute low, but this poor guy can't even visit the restroom without fearing to be planeshifted to Celestia. It really suck to be him... That's what you get for being a rampaging sociopath ravaging the countryside, I guess.

Remove ads