D&D 5E 20th level Sorcerer vs the world

Hohige

Explorer
Aflred doesn't control the Retriever. In the fight, it was established that the Retriever was hostile. Only the silly decisions of HUN-HAT on insisting to arrive at the same time as the Retriever in the smoking lounge made it necessary for him to accept be incapacitated so Retriever could carry him. A silly plan of him, that was. He lost because of that. You were right to retract that ill-concieved plan and accept that HUN-HAT can't arrive at the same time that the Retriever, because that was really a bad idea of him.
It is a construct with a clear quarry and Faultless Tracker.
This does not make any sense.
Either way, it failed since the Sorcerer is out of reach.

It's getting easy.

Incapacited? That's not possible. But let's imagine that he is Incapacited for 10minutes The Wizard cannot fly. Failed.
Retriever, Simulacrum, MMD simulacrum and other 60 magen Other creatures kill the Alfred.

So he he has 60 CR 3 Magen, this means his maximum HP has been permanently reduced by 180 HP. According to original build, he killed himself casting Create Magen. Lets say he went with 59, this means with Aid and Inspired Leadership the most HP he can have at any given time is 62. Good to know.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!

It's getting easy.
You said that the Sorcerer arrives with the Retriever. This isn't possible, given how the Retriever works, unless the Sorcerer allows the Retriever to incapacitate the Sorcerer so the Retriever can use it's Plane Shift ability to carry the Sorcerer, and only the Sorcerer, with them. As this is silly, it was graciously allowed that you can change this idea.

Now, you have a Retriever for 10 minutes that, at best, walks along the ground up to 1.2 kilometers before evaporating. You can get a line of bearing off of that, sure, but how many people are on that line, and how are you going to manage to navigate that line well? The Sorcerer lacks any navigation ability and isn't very smart, so it's not a good way to find the Wizard, who you'd have to know personally anyway and don't.

The Retriever plan doesn't work at all, you should scrap it. Or rather, it could work, but I don't think you can figure out how it might, and, given the INT of the sorcerer, I'm disinclined to assist. I'll give a hint, though -- it requires you to move away from your fortresses, and probably be on the ground for a bit.

It's getting easy.

If the HUN-HAT plan to get incapacitated failed because he stayed out of reach of the Retriever (whose range is 60 ft while the usual hovering altitude of the HUN-HAT was only 40 ft, BTW), then his whole plan of arriving at Alfred house at the same time, that was devised by HUN-HAT, not me, failed as well. Because as you reluctantly recognized later, there is no way for the Retriever, not using his planeshifting ability, to reach Alfred's house within the alloted 10 minutes of existence the Retriever has.

First of all complete your build and Infinite loops, coffeelocking, Simulacrum-Cheese is banned.

1) "You cant counterspell anything. He's literally in an Anti Magic Field, as are you, grappled."
Sorry, but Antimagic Field is only 10'.

If you want to cast antimagic field and get closer to the Sorcerer, you are within reach of the Sorcerer's Counterspell. 10ft only and you are very slow.
No it can be cast out of range of counterspell (or simply while invisible, so you cant counterspell because you cant see me), and then I approach you.
Infinite loops, coffeelocking and Simulacra-chesse is banned,repeat again?
You haven't posted your complete build yet, you need to post it. And I'm going to ignore your infinite loop and coffelocking. Even within your infinite loops, the sorcerer wins, It's Twin Simulacrum and metamagic, so you lost in your boring Theory Crafting. How I will be analyzing the classes your strategy. First.
No, you literally ruled out Simulacrum a few sentences up.

Bladesong
"Starting at 2nd level, you can invoke an elven magic called the Bladesong, provided that you aren’t wearing medium or heavy armor or using a shield. It graces you with supernatural speed, agility, and focus."

Blade Song is a magical effect.
It does not work in the AMF.
I agree. I just wanted the extra attack and Int bonus to damage class feature so I can wail you to death faster than you can kill me in the AMF.

But you're right, Brass Dragonborn War Cleric is probably better. More HP, Better AC, 3d8+5 damage, plus a few bonus actions of an extra 1d8+5 damage.

Feats are Lucky, Alert, Expert (Athletics), +2 Str, Resilient Con. Str 20, Wisdom 16, Con 14, Dex 14, dumped Int, Charisma.

Ill use Divine intervention while in my Permanent Temple of the Gods (which blocks any attempts by you to use divination magic to find me, and also blocks any attempt by you to plane shift to me in advance) on my Deities home plane of Celestia (automatically successful at 20th level), and then ask my God to Plane shift you to my location (alone), adjacent to me after I have cast AMF.

The Deities magic is not blocked by the AMF (Deities magic is excluded from AMF's) so you appear next to me, alone, and we roll initiative.

Lets assume I'm also alone and none of my bound Planar and celestial allies are present. This is personal.

I have +7 to initiative (and a Lucky re-roll), plus you're almost certainly surprised to suddenly find yourself in Celestia so odds are I go first.

I grapple you (Athletics +17, Lucky re-roll) and proceed to wail on you (at +11) vs your AC of around (10+Dex) 12 or 13 (hitting with each attack). It'll be a bonus action attack the first Round (after I take the Attack thanks to my War Priest ability) dealing 3d8+5 Slashing damage.

Next round its two attacks dealing 4d8+10 total, as it will be the round after, then it's down to just the one attack per round.

You're highly unlikely to break the grapple (and even if you do, it takes an action, and there is little you can do seeing as Extraplanar travel is banned in the Temple, and I am in an AMF so am immune to all your spells), and sadly for you I'm also resistant to Lightning, and any Slashing, bludgeoning or piercing damage you might deal.

I have a ton more HP than you, a far better AC in my Full Plate, and deal much more damage than you.

We have a winner?

Last edited:

Hohige

Explorer
You said that the Sorcerer arrives with the Retriever. This isn't possible, given how the Retriever works, unless the Sorcerer allows the Retriever to incapacitate the Sorcerer so the Retriever can use it's Plane Shift ability to carry the Sorcerer, and only the Sorcerer, with them. As this is silly, it was graciously allowed that you can change this idea.

Now, you have a Retriever for 10 minutes that, at best, walks along the ground up to 1.2 kilometers before evaporating. You can get a line of bearing off of that, sure, but how many people are on that line, and how are you going to manage to navigate that line well? The Sorcerer lacks any navigation ability and isn't very smart, so it's not a good way to find the Wizard, who you'd have to know personally anyway and don't.

The Retriever plan doesn't work at all, you should scrap it. Or rather, it could work, but I don't think you can figure out how it might, and, given the INT of the sorcerer, I'm disinclined to assist. I'll give a hint, though -- it requires you to move away from your fortresses, and probably be on the ground for a bit.

Good friends, it is clear that the Wizard will be defeated by this strategy.
The Retriever has the quarry given by his master,
The quarry that is on the same plane as him.
Why is he going to use Plane Shift?
It makes no sense.

The sorcerer just has to follow the direction that the Retriver will make his Quarry.

Zio_the_dark

The dark one :)
It makes no sense.

The sorcerer just has to follow the direction that the Retriver will make his Quarry.
You already had multiple answers to this... the retriever will walk for 1.2km then good luck to find this wizard

Hohige

Explorer
You already had multiple answers to this... the retriever will walkfor 1.2km then good luck to find this wizard
Well. The MMD simulacrum will find. Don't sorry about it.

The Sorcerer destroys everything in his path

1610566607981.png

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
It makes no sense.

The retriever can, given flat, unobstucted ground, make it about a kilometer towards the Wizard before de-summoning. How do you propose this works? Are you going to be moving your retinue 1 kilometer at a time closer to the Wizard for each summoning? This is definitely new information! You're going to be without you fortresses and temples and demi-planes if you're following this plan. I mean, you have a line of bearing (hint, hint), but you have no idea how far away the Wizard is, or what the Wizard looks like, or what the Wizard's abode looks like. If the Wizard travels at all, your line of bearing gets messed up as that day's Retriever heads in a new direction.

This plan is a mess of being unworkable, but you can follow it if you want -- it will eventually get you there, just with many days (weeks? months?) of travel away from the secret basement, er..., hideout.

Hohige

Explorer
The retriever can, given flat, unobstucted ground, make it about a kilometer towards the Wizard before de-summoning. How do you propose this works? Are you going to be moving your retinue 1 kilometer at a time closer to the Wizard for each summoning? This is definitely new information! You're going to be without you fortresses and temples and demi-planes if you're following this plan. I mean, you have a line of bearing (hint, hint), but you have no idea how far away the Wizard is, or what the Wizard looks like, or what the Wizard's abode looks like. If the Wizard travels at all, your line of bearing gets messed up as that day's Retriever heads in a new direction.

This plan is a mess of being unworkable, but you can follow it if you want -- it will eventually get you there, just with many days (weeks? months?) of travel away from the secret basement, er..., hideout.
The Sorcerer knows the direction of his enemy.
Either run away or die.

Retriever:

1610567078168.png

It will destroy everything in its path, just as a Demigod does.

Remove ads