• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4e Battle Tactic: Murder by Pinball

Slaved

First Post
Forced movement disregards all kinds of difficult terrain.

It would not take any extra squares of movement to push someone into a wall of fire. They would, however, get to save before entering the fire.

-O

What Difficult Terrain? The Extra Movement Cost is for entering the Wall of Fire and is not the Difficult Terrain Extra Movement Cost.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Forced movement disregards all kinds of difficult terrain.

It would not take any extra squares of movement to push someone into a wall of fire. They would, however, get to save before entering the fire.

Wall of Fire isn't difficult terrain, though. It's simply a note that it costs extra movement to enter: "Entering a square occupied by the wall costs 3
extra squares of movement." Other powers use the phrasing "considered difficult terrain" or "treated as difficult terrain"; Wall of Fire doesn't.

-Hyp.

Bill Bisco

First Post
Point 1: All 3 GMs I play with, including myself, rule that it's only the first time entering the zone per turn, not each square that you move through, that deals the damage.

We're discussing the rules of 4th edition, not the houserules of your group. Please stick on topic. Thank you. :angel:

Bill Bisco

First Post
Originally Posted by DMG-p44
"Targets of forced movement in hindering terrain (pits, precipices, fire) can avoid plunging into a pit or over the edge of a cliff or being pushed into a raging fire. The creature makes a saving throw rolled immediately before entering the unsafe square, with success leaving the creature prone...."

A Wall of Fire is not hindering terrain because the power does not specify it as such. So, no saving throw. :)

Danceofmasks

First Post
I thought this thread was about a party of MC warlocks that power-swapped for minions of malbolge.
Especially if there's an actual stealth feylock to start the bounces.
Ping-ping-ping-ping-ping-into the tendrils!
Now let's try that with the next guy!

Runestar

First Post
You mean something like this? :lol:

2664339841_9d7f9c9fc9_o.jpg

Remove ads