• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4E or 3.5 or something else - what's in your future?

How are you planning on playing D&D after 4E is out?

• I'm going 4E all the way!

Votes: 61 20.9%
  • I'm going to play 3.x and 4E

Votes: 36 12.3%
  • I'm staying with 3.x, and may or may not use some 4E rules as house rules

Votes: 124 42.5%
  • Other (which I explain below in superior fashion)

Votes: 71 24.3%

AstroCat

Adventurer
Our gaming groups 3, 3.5 campaigns will wrap up through this year and all new ones will be almost for sure 4E. After playing 4E all weekend long I am convinced it is a lot more fun and I'm pretty sure will be a hit with our gaming group. :)

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Sticking with the 1e Greyhawk game I DM, and I imagine the 3.5 DL game I play in will stick with 3.5.

I don't see me running or playing 4e, except the occasional one-shot at a Con or something.

boerngrim

Explorer
Hi.
I'll be sticking with 3.x most likely. My group and I are comfortable with the rules and game as they are. That being said, I may borrow certain things from 4e and tack them on to my game. 4e overall doesn't seem like the game for me though.

an_idol_mind

Explorer
I haven't ruled out the possibility of switching over to 4th edition, but so far none of the previews have convinced me that it fits my gaming style as well as 3rd edition does. I have snagged some 4th edition-inspired house rules, but it looks like I'll be passing on this edition, unless the final product turns out to be significantly different from the previews we've seen so far.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Jack99 said:
Considering every other poll we have seen (until this bug was discovered and made known to the greater public) had a significant majority in favor of 4e, yes, I do believe it is possible that someone tampered with this poll. Then again, it could be that no-one did, and it was all the other polls that were tampered with.

Those other polls were in the 4E forum. I specifically put this one in the General form so that those who don't read the 4E forum would actually see it. :)

It's certainly possible that 4E fans are simply staying in the 4E forum (we General forum people can be a scary lot, I guess).

Ahnehnois

First Post
I'll be 3.5-ing it if I get the chance to play. Not that I'm averse to 4e-I'd be happy to play in someone's 4e game if I could.

Clavis

First Post
I already stopped playing WOTC's D&D because of the problems with 3.5 Edition (slow character creation, agonizingly complicated combat, stat blocks from hell), and went to C&C (with RCD&D influences). Based on the released rules and objective reviews, 4th Editions sounds as crap-tacular as I expected. Essentially, they've made a collectible miniatures boardgame and are calling it D&D. At least 3rd Edition made an effort to look like D&D!

I'll be staying with C&C for fantasy adventure (perhaps also running some pure-blooded RCD&D). I have no plans on buying any new WOTC products.

Jack99

Adventurer
DaveMage said:
Those other polls were in the 4E forum. I specifically put this one in the General form so that those who don't read the 4E forum would actually see it. :)

It's certainly possible that 4E fans are simply staying in the 4E forum (we General forum people can be a scary lot, I guess).

Indeed mate, which is why I would like to know with 100% certainty that it is a "pure" poll. It would be a very interesting poll then.

Cheers,

The_Warlock

Explorer
True20 + parts of Omni (OGL by Morrigan Press) + house rule preferences + some interesting snags from SW Saga

Greater versatility and I already own all the rules concepts I'll ever need.

Why buy more?

Remove ads