D&D (2024) 5.5e - What ONE section of the rules would you rewrite for clarity?

Alby87

Adventurer
The first line of several powers/spells. Why? They don't match the actual mechanics, and it's a rather frequent problem: A serious problem with 5e: the first sentences.
I'm always on the verge on asking the community to help to create such indexes. Something that after is completed one can compile in a nice PDF and print and put inside the books. I just don't know which technology to use. A Google Sheet would be perfect, but I fear spammers and "funny" people. A Wiki would be an extensive tool for this, and so on...

Hmm... If not Steatlh, then it's counterpart -- Perception. The whole Perception/Investigation thing is really annoying. Which is used for what? 🤷‍♂️
honestly, i think you could easily fix this by just changing investigation to deduction. boom. now perception is for finding things, and investigation (now deduction) is for figuring out what they mean. doesn't conflict with insight either, because that's specifically for reading people.

anyway, as for my section, i don't know if i'd pick crafting, magic item prices, or starting/expected wealth at higher levels. i mean, a5e has me covered for all three, but if wizards is gonna make 5.5 they might as well take their own go at each.

Remove ads