• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General 50th Anniversary- Are You Not Entertained?

I feel like the OGL fiasco is still casting a pall over the 50th anniversary.

I think it would help if they started sharing parts of their plans for the 50th that we don't already know. The energy is so low right now, that its easy for the OGL scandal to be louder. Announced a campaign setting book, or a D&D 50th MtG set, or details of the live action D&D series, or even details on the 1D&D OGL something, its pretty boring right now, they need to drown past scandals in good news and excitement, and they aren't.

Duo Maxwell

Explorer
There were also the various "Return to..." modules. Return to the Keep on the Borderlands, Return to White Plume Mountain, Against the Giants - the Liberation of Geoff. They were really interesting takes on what happens 25 years after the originals might have occurred.
Agreed. I never played the originals, but these "new" modules had great mileage with my group in high school/college during our 2e days. I would love to see something like this for something like Night Below from the 2e era.

Oofta

Legend
I suggest everyone who says anniversaries don't matter should ignore their significant other on their birthday and your anniversary....

Just because they didn't do s good job with previous anniversaries doesn't mean they should botch this one.

Well, my wife and I both tend to forget our wedding anniversary so I guess I'm already following your advice?

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Well, my wife and I both tend to forget our wedding anniversary so I guess I'm already following your advice?
sure, there are people like that.....but do you really think that's the majority of people, just ignoring bdays and anniversaries? Do you think most companies do that?

I don't, not for one minute.

Oofta

Legend
sure, there are people like that.....but do you really think that's the majority of people, just ignoring bdays and anniversaries? Do you think most companies do that?

I don't, not for one minute.

Eh. I think very few people care about it as much as some people on this forum. Maybe they'll announce something later but for me it's just an excuse to do a minor tune-up of a 10 year old game.

P.S. I was serious about forgetting our wedding anniversary. We've been reminded by relatives in the past. :eek:

Meech17

WotC President Runner-Up.
Eh. I think very few people care about it as much as some people on this forum. Maybe they'll announce something later but for me it's just an excuse to do a minor tune-up of a 10 year old game.

P.S. I was serious about forgetting our wedding anniversary. We've been reminded by relatives in the past. :eek:

I asked out my girlfriend on her birthday, so that way I only have one date to remember.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads