[5e] Dread Metrol, The Mourning After. (Horror) (OOC)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Well, conceptually I could change my sorcerer into a trickery cleric rather easily. But possibly that giving-someone-advantage-on-stealth may be going to waste, and I wasn't planning on my character to wear any armour...
As a cleric you're not required to wear any armor, you have the option - it helps, but trickery cleric could easily go by leather armor which is fairly easily masked. And you have access to spells for protection.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I think I like sorcerer better, still. Or bard. It's all about influence. :)

And undead can be roasted. Or frozen. Or fried. Or just avoided.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I love playing clerics (my favourite 5e class, tbh, and can switch if undead turning is required. In the meantime, though, here is a Gnome forger.

Tillington
N Gnome Artificer Charlatan, Dragonmark of Scribing 1

04-17.png

Abilities:
STR 8 (-1)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON 12 (+1) [save +3]
INT 16 (+3) [save +5 (adv vs magic)]
WIS 12 (+1) [save adv vs magic]
CHA 14 (+2) [save adv vs magic]

Size S
Speed 25
AC 14 (16 w/ shield)
Init +2
Hit Points: 9 (1d8)

Proficiency bonus: +2
Proficiencies: light/medium armour, shield, simple weapons
Skills: Deception, Sleight of Hand, Investigation, History
Tools: calligrapher’s tools (+1d4), forgery kit, tinker’s tools, thieves’ tools, disguise kit
Languages: Common, Gnomish
Darkvision: 60’

Attacks:
Dagger: 1d20+3, damage = 1d4+2 piercing
Light crossbow: 1d20+3, damage = 1d8+2, range 20’/60’

Background: Charlatan
* False Identity: I have a second identity and the ability to forge

Spellcasting: DC 13, attack mod +5)
-- Ritual casting. Thieves’/artisan tools as focus.
-- Cantrips: Message, Mending, Guidance
-- Scribe’s Insight: comprehend languages 1/s/l
-- additional spells on list: (1) comprehend langs, illusory script
-- 3 spells known (INT + level/2): [sample selection] cure wounds, feather fall, Tasha’s caustic brew (TCoE)
-- slots: level 1 (2)

Artificer abilities
* Magical Tinkering:
-- w/ tinker or artisan’s tools, actin to touch tiny nonmagical object and make it: (a) shed 5’ light (+5’ dim), (b) emit 6 sec record message, (c) emit continual odor or sound, (d) static visual w/ up to 25 words. Up to 3 (INT) objects at a time

Skills:
+1 (dex) Acrobatics
+1 (wis) Animal Handling
+3 (int) Arcana
-1 (str) Athletics
+4 (cha) Deception
+5 (int) History +1d4

+1 (wis) Insight
+2 (cha) Intimidation
+5 (int) Investigation
+1 (wis) Medicine
+3 (int) Nature
+1 (wis) Perception
+2 (cha) Performance
+2 (cha) Persuasion
+3 (int) Religion
+3 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+1 (dex) Stealth
+1 (wis) Survival

Equipment:
Disguise kit
Set of fine clothes
Copy of the national seal, with the proper sealing wax
Belt pouch with 5gp
2 daggers
Light crossbow with 20 bolts.
Studded leather
Shield
Thieves’ tools
Dungeoneer’s pack

Notes:
* perhaps swap out Guidance for Mage Hand or a combat cantrip (Fire bolt?). To be determined.

Hmmm...how about...dwarf monk and dwarf fighter (or dwarf cleric/dwarf fighter) as two clan-mates (or even brothers) - bonus points if the fighter is the watchman and the other one is the mob :)
I like this one :)
I'll play the fighter, you said monk...watchman for sure...just a question if he is good guy suffering transgressions of his brother or he is just as dirty as he, but under the cover of the law? :D

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
I'm interested in these character's backstories, whatever turn of events changed a dwarf into a warforged seems like a story worth recapping at least!

I'll put up the IC thread later today, but start off with a prelude period. Just a bit of free time where the characters can be introduced and go over how they got recruited, then we can jump into the adventure proper once everyone knows each other.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I intended it mostly like he was built that way to infiltrate dwarven strongholds - short, stocky, resistant to poisons, dwarves are easily immitated with armor and beard covering most of their faces and bodies...

He is an assassin by build :) who had turn of alchemical pump (heart) after 'the event'.
Malix is intensly aware of the people and his surroundings (high wis, prof in insight and perc) and stealthy with the ability to use poisons...in effect, an assassin :) The Shadow network is just a remnant now (how many agents could be in the city?) - but it still remains in effect

Anyhow, if we could make a warforged out of damaged dwarf (similar to artificer armorer ability) it would definitely be a worthy story :)

Last edited:

Remove ads