D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

dave2008

Legend
I give you Vaprak the destroyer! The demigod lord of Ogres and Trolls has been uploaded.

I think I will do Blibdoolpoolp and Laogzed next to finish off the Demigods Category and then move on to other epic threats and allies.

I am also working on my first submission to the DMs Guild, so I may slow down on the submissions here a little. I still hope to post at least one a week and any additional creations from other contributors.

Faenor

Explorer
There's an epic levels book project up on Kickstarter with a limited play test preview. Levels 20-30. New monsters. Spells and feats. Uses phased fights for the epic monsters. They have a high funding goal, being a paper book, and may be struggling a bit, but its still early.

Saw that kickstarter. $35,000 seems really high. Also looks like it will be bloated being 250 pages. Makes me worry it will be complicated.
But haven't checked the preview. I might be converted.

Faenor

Explorer
Saw that kickstarter. $35,000 seems really high. Also looks like it will be bloated being 250 pages. Makes me worry it will be complicated.
But haven't checked the preview. I might be converted.

Yes. I like your take on advancing monsters, and the epic options guy on dmsguild for player options. The dmsguild guy with the non- dmsguild art is awesome for the unique art and the well thought out class progression. The other guy has some interesting stuff, but lycanthropy and undead for characters is not my thing. Now if only you and class options dmsguild guy would get together and publish a print book. /sigh

dave2008

Legend
There's an epic levels book project up on Kickstarter with a limited play test preview. Levels 20-30. New monsters. Spells and feats. Uses phased fights for the epic monsters. They have a high funding goal, being a paper book, and may be struggling a bit, but its still early.

Thanks for letting me know! I checked out the kickstarter, but I'm not sold yet. I noticed that the are giving epic ranks (1-6) for their epic monsters, which seems unnecessary. That and the page count make me think it might be a bit complex.

dave2008

Legend
Yes. I like your take on advancing monsters, and the epic options guy on dmsguild for player options. The dmsguild guy with the non- dmsguild art is awesome for the unique art and the well thought out class progression. The other guy has some interesting stuff, but lycanthropy and undead for characters is not my thing. Now if only you and class options dmsguild guy would get together and publish a print book. /sigh

Well, if I can get enough traction on DMsGuild if/when I submit these epic allies and adversaries I would definitely look into making a print option.

dave2008

Legend
Saw that kickstarter. $35,000 seems really high.

I think they would have been wise to have a lower funding goal, with some stretch goal options getting into that realm. That being said art is expensive. I am working on a submission for the DMsGuild and I commissioned art for it: 7 character/creature portraits for about $500 and I got one bid from another artist for $2500 (his work was better though)!

To publish all of the monsters (142+) in these epic updates (I I really want at some point), I am looking at something like $20,000-$30,000 for the art. I might be able to get a large commission deal, but that is the amount I'm planning on.

Remove ads