• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

Rubies

First Post
I have upload Sess'innek, the demon lord creator of the Lizard Kings.

Next on the list:

1) Sess'innek
2) Semuanya
3) Thasmudyan
4) Bane
5) Kurtukmak
6) Hruggek
7) Kozilek
8) Emrakul
9) Sehanine
10) Torog
11) Maglubiyet
12) Rillifane Rallathil

Thanks so much! that is awesome that your doing Semuanya also!

dave2008

Legend
Thanks so much! that is awesome that your doing Semuanya also!

I've always had a shot spot for Semuanya and lizard folk in general. Maybe that is why I had iguanas, anoles, basilisks, savanna monitors, caimans, and an alligator when I was growing up! Besides, you asked for his chief rival so I had to do him next.

Blacklight85

First Post
That is a good point, I even mentioned that in my description of the Great dragons. I would consider great wyrms almost unique (I think I will in fact downgrade the 7 canaries to ancient or wyrm status). Ok, how about:

GW Red: CR32
GW Blue: CR31
GW Green: CR30
GW Black: CR29
GW White: CR28

Perfect!

dave2008

Legend
In the downloaded PDF, the black dragon shows up twice and there is no bronze. All good here in the thread I think (didn’t look)

Hmm. Which version did you download? I am looking at version 8b (the current version) and it looks just fine. One black dragon and one bronze dragon.

ATroper

First Post
Also, for traits like Might of the Wyrm, are we supposed to assume CR is the same as character level when those monsters are pitted against PCs?

dave2008

Legend
Also, for traits like Might of the Wyrm, are we supposed to assume CR is the same as character level when those monsters are pitted against PCs?

That is correct! It is issues like this, among other things, that I will be going to a divine rank system for the 2nd drafts.

dave2008

Legend
I have added the Lizardfolk god Semuanya to the Lesser gods section.

Up Next:

2) Semuanya
3) Thasmudyan
4) Bane
5) Kurtukmak
6) Hruggek
7) Kozilek
8) Emrakul
9) Sehanine
10) Torog
11) Maglubiyet
12) Rillifane Rallathil

dave2008

Legend
A little detour with an update to the avatar of Tiamat to the Lesser Gods section. As @Blacklight85 has been helping me update the dragons he/she graciously updated the avatar of Tiamat as well to align with the recent wyrm updates. However, this resulted in a seriously OP avatar of Tiamat. Thus, I embarked on a complete redesign of Tiamat's avatar. After much work I was able to get her down to CR 31, but not quite to CR 30. I also couldn't get her down to 1 page :(

After the great wyrms are complete I am going to update Tiamat in all her glory - and she will be terrifying!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads