• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

XmutanoX

First Post
Is there a version of the PDF with the stat blocks more like the ones in the Monster manual? Just asking cause i like the way they look :p if there is i would love to get it for print or something

dave2008

Legend
Is there a version of the PDF with the stat blocks more like the ones in the Monster manual? Just asking cause i like the way they look :p if there is i would love to get it for print or something

No, I'm not a fan of the homebrewery for this project. I looked into it, but it doesn't allow some if the custom things I am doing.
These are the first drafts. Eventually when I get to draft 3 I plan to add graphics, at which point they would be more like the MM. Put that is at least a year down the road.

XmutanoX

First Post
No, I'm not a fan of the homebrewery for this project. I looked into it, but it doesn't allow some if the custom things I am doing.
These are the first drafts. Eventually when I get to draft 3 I plan to add graphics, at which point they would be more like the MM. Put that is at least a year down the road.

I see, anyway i'm using your strahd version and it's actually pretty good so I'm enjoying a lot this project so far, thank you for the monster updates since some of them do seem a little too weak for their "epicness?" :p
I am using right now the enhanced strahd and printed the pic with the stat block "MM"like

dave2008

Legend
I see, anyway i'm using your strahd version and it's actually pretty good so I'm enjoying a lot this project so far, thank you for the monster updates since some of them do seem a little too weak for their "epicness?" :p
I am using right now the enhanced strahd and printed the pic with the stat block "MM"like

Awesome! I'm glad it is working for you.

Like I said, I will eventually get to adding graphics, but right now i am focused on rough drafts of the monster designs.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
My party just embarked on my reworking of OotA and i’d forgotten about this. Your Demon Lords and Princes look much more suitable for throwing against my party!

Fantastic work! So much thanks!

dave2008

Legend
My party just embarked on my reworking of OotA and i’d forgotten about this. Your Demon Lords and Princes look much more suitable for throwing against my party!

Fantastic work! So much thanks!
Your welcome!

Yep, if your PCs are lvl 20, then Demon Lords in OotA will be way to weak.

FYI, the demon lords and princes from OotA where some of my first updates. They could probably use an update. One thing you should probably add is an at-will, or bonus action, or legendary action limited teleport. I gave one to my updated balor to be able to close on ranged attacks, but many of the demon lords don't have it (they where designed much earlier).

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
I have decided against making a stat block for Hadar at this time. There is so little information and it just didn't inspire me. So instead, I have uploaded the HPL Outer God: Shub-Niggurath to the Aberrations section.

Up Next:
9) Shub-Niggurath
10) Ityak-Ortheel

dave2008

Legend
I decided to take a little detour from my previously scheduled aberrations and make a primordial. Thus, I have posted Dendar, the Night Serpent, possessor of the Phantasm, to the primordials section.

Now back to the regularly scheduled programming.

Remove ads